Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
No. The problem was Mourinho was never Spurs. If you appoint someone like Conte we will be in the same place in a years time.

Yep good point.

I want a Spurs man or non-other top 6 manager for the next 5 years or more.

Anything synonymous with another club is only acceptable within very tight boundaries.

And that sounds like a nonsense, given our lack of success over the years but I want glory with an untainted soul.

Last edited:
Yep good point.

I want a Spurs man or non-other tpp 6 manager for the next 5 years or more.

Anything synonymous with another club is only acceptable within very tight boundaries.

And that sounds like a nonsense, given our lack of success over the years but I want glory with an untainted soul.
The problem is Conte quits in a year. I would take Ten Haag or Potter over Conte or Galtier.

LOL - he's on a fat cheque managing some of the best players in the world with a limitless transfer kitty

Why would he come here and have to deal with polishing turds on a 50p budget?

Money doesnā€™t always equate to happiness. If itā€™s true heā€™s not happy there - and doesnā€™t agree with or like the politics behind the scenes, theyā€™ve now made it difficult for him to leave

I feel convinced by what you've written, but still am a bit haunted by De Boers failure in the EPL, along with seemingly a lot of other dutch coaches. Would Ten Hag adapt well? Would he be accepted by the squad? Is Daniel wise enough to give him the keys to the whole football structure and a respectful budget?
I really do think heā€™s a different level to de Boer, I wouldnā€™t have any worries in that regard.

But your second point is absolutely an issue. I donā€™t think Levy would back him up enough, and the fact that he is quite obviously third choice means in all likelihood he could tell us to fuck off anyway.

Money doesnā€™t always equate to happiness. If itā€™s true heā€™s not happy there - and doesnā€™t agree with or like the politics behind the scenes, theyā€™ve now made it difficult for him to leave

Yes/no.

The paradox for us must be clear. We want our striker to stay who is claiming unhappiness or dissatisfaction and yet our ex-manager may be doing exactly the same.

We just need to have some idea about the impact of pushing for both to fall in our favour .

If Pochettino wants out he quits. That will test his principles but unlike Kane he has only been thrre for a few months and PSG will sack him soon enough anyway and they would hardly be short of options.

I donā€™t know mate but if he wants to become a world class manager, he has to deal with bullshit like heā€™s reportedly facing at PSG. Otherwise he should stop dreaming about managing Real Madrid or Argentina because no one is going to give him a free pass like most Spurs fans still do.

I donā€™t know mate but if he wants to become a world class manager, he has to deal with bullshit like heā€™s reportedly facing at PSG. Otherwise he should stop dreaming about managing Real Madrid or Argentina because no one is going to give him a free pass like most Spurs fans still do.
Yup. Politics and people making decisions over your head is common at super clubs. He will have to learn to deal with it if he doesn't want to have every stint he may end up having at one be short term.

Granted he could also realize that he prefers being a "project" manager at a club the size of Spurs. There's nothing wrong with that.

Yes/no.

The paradox for us must be clear. We want our striker to stay who is claiming unhappiness or dissatisfaction and yet our ex-manager may be doing exactly the same.

We just need to have some idea about the impact of pushing for both to fall in our favour .

If Pochettino wants out he quits. That will test his principles but unlike Kane he has only been thrre for a few months and PSG will sack him soon enough anyway and they would hardly be short of options.

Yeah I agree with you. Iā€™m not sure jobs like PSG or Real Madrid are ideal if you want long term stability, maybe he underestimated that when he signed he contract. Or maybe heā€™s just simply going through a rough patch at the moment and heā€™ll adjust to the way PSG works in time. Or maybe thereā€™s some truth in it that we and Real Madrid have been used as a bargaining tool for the additional year on his contract šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom