Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
My Amazon parcel arrived on time. I was so chuffed that I took a photo of it and the delivery guy, before he gave it to me.

VBB2j94.png

Check the hat. Poch going to the Timbers confirmed.

If I'm reading everything right and reports are correct, the situation is as follows :

Levy wanted Poch
Poch told PSG he wanted to leave
PSG told Poch he has to go public with his wanting to leave
Poch hasn't, and doesn't want, to go public
Which means Poch can't leave PSG
Levy is now looking at other managers.

If I'm reading everything right and reports are correct, the situation is as follows :

Levy wanted Poch
Poch told PSG he wanted to leave
PSG told Poch he has to go public with his wanting to leave
Poch hasn't, and doesn't want, to go public
Which means Poch can't leave PSG
Levy is now looking at other managers.
So the story goes.

Seems odd for the sticking point to be going public, IMO.

Even so, I favour Conte and to be honest I think he makes more sense.

PSG not wanting to pay loyalty etc ????
I mean from Pochs point of view.

As the story goes, Poch wants out, Poch talks to us and agrees its on, Poch goes to PSG and says he wants out - PSG dont want to lose face and insist he makes his desire to leave public*

....and so Poch shuts his mouth and settles into PSG for another couple of years.

I dont get it.

*Standard procedure for players/manager to grease the wheels of a move

I mean from Pochs point of view.

As the story goes, Poch wants out, Poch talks to us and agrees its on, Poch goes to PSG and says he wants out - PSG dont want to lose face and insist he makes his desire to leave public*

....and so Poch shuts his mouth and settles into PSG for another couple of years.

I dont get it.

*Standard procedure for players/manager to grease the wheels of a move
Gotcha.

Yeah, does seem a bit strange.

The odd thing was Ali Gold getting in on it, and the absolute certainty of talks etc in the press.

Usually they are less certain and more speculative.

It leaves me inclined to think maybe contact was made, but went no further?

I’ve been wondering if Poch saying he wanted to come back was meant in a long term sense. For example, in an interview with BT Sport before he joined PSG, he said he’d love to return in 5-10 years time, maybe that’s what he meant when he said he was interested in returning, and it’s been misconstrued

Relieved AF.

I wanna see Poch properly prove himself, tactically, before he comes back here.

We're about to have one of the top 5 managers, currently, in the world come to our club... straight off of a title win (his 5th in 7 seasons).

We should all be running around naked in the streets with elation and in disbelief.

We must get rid of just wanting to just FEEL GOOD. Familiarity.

It might FEEL uncomfortable, for some, to have Conte, but in very real terms it's fucking sensational for our club.

It's actually amazing to me that people are sad we're not getting Poch over Antonio.

It's pretty fucking bonkers tbh.

Anyway, just think of it all as delayed gratification.

When Poch does eventually come back - and, clearly, he will - it will be be an absolute orgasm of warm fuzziness.

In the meantime, enjoy the ruthless savagery and tactical meticulousness of one of the very best managers on the planet.

Here... at OUR club.

Relieved AF.

I wanna see Poch properly prove himself, tactically, before he comes back here.

We're about to have one of the top 5 managers, currently, in the world come to our club... straight off of a title win (his 5th in 7 seasons).

We should all be running around naked in the streets with elation and in disbelief.

We must get rid of just wanting to just FEEL GOOD. Familiarity.

It might FEEL uncomfortable, for some, to have Conte, but in very real terms it's fucking sensational for our club.

It's actually amazing to me that people are sad we're not getting Poch over Antonio.

It's pretty fucking bonkers tbh.

Anyway, just think of it all as delayed gratification.

When Poch does eventually come back - and, clearly, he will - it will be be an absolute orgasm of warm fuzziness.

In the meantime, enjoy the ruthless savagery and tactical meticulousness of one of the very best managers on the planet.

Here... at OUR club.
I can buy into this :)

Back
Top Bottom