Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
The best reason to keep Pochettino until the end of the season is that it would be a different means to doing things. On that we have no rival.

I have binned this seasom pretty much so I am less bothered than I might be.

It's just a matter of damage limitatio to me.

Whoever is our manager come the start of next season we know 5 or 6 of the current squad won't be here. And that's an at least figure.

The best reason to keep Pochettino until the end of the season is that it would be a different means to doing things. On that we have no rival.

Whoever is our manager come the start of next season we know 5 or 6 of the current squad won't be here. And that's an at least figure.
Another five years of transition then can't wait

We won’t need transition if we change manager NOW.
The new manager bounce won’t be a temporary thing for us.
We know what these players are capable of.

Might even change a few minds in the camp.
Look at Chelsea when they downed tools for Jose.....6th to champions overnight

We might end up in the championship if he stays mate, that's reason enough for me that Poch should get the sack, people might laugh at that idea but in terms of points gained since last Jan we are in the bottom 3 and we just drew a game to a team that couldn't buy a goal and who are rock bottom of the table and this was at home, not away.

He can't stay imo, he has to go.

*Edit* People might laugh at the idea of us being in the championship and whilst I admit that is an extreme scenario, I do believe if things continue the way they are it's not the most ridiculous possibility.

If I would have told you at the end of last season we would have started the season the way we have, would you have believed me?

Last edited:
We might end up in the championship if he stays mate, that's reason enough for me that Poch should get the sack, people might laugh at that idea but in terms of points gained since last Jan we are in the bottom 3 and we just drew a game to a team that couldn't buy a goal and who are rock bottom of the table and this was at home, not away.

He can't stay imo, he has to go.

*Edit* People might laugh at the idea of us being in the championship and whilst I admit that is an extreme scenario, I do believe if things continue the way they are it's not the most ridiculous possibility.

If I would have told you at the end of last season we would have started the season the way we have, would you have believed me?

It's close to rock bottom.

The received wisdom which to a large extent I agreee with is that we need a change of manager. Or more correctly that the players need to hear a new voice.

Who though takes us out of mess to significantly better times without risking Kane saying I'm out of here? And that's on top of Eriksen, Alderweireld and probably Vertonghen?

I just think Levy is hoping for a turnaround that would now defy all logic but might make a lot of sense.

Either way I am nearing detached status for the sake of my mind.

Strewth.

Last edited:
I do believe that if poch leaves there will be an upturn in fortune because he is part of the problem that has continued for some time, however levy won't pay him off so we are stuck with the situation for some time.

If it came to that, would Levy have to pay the remainder of Pochettino's contract?

With managerial sackings, this doesn't always seem to be the case. I suppose it depends on the wording and terms of the contract.

We won’t need transition if we change manager NOW.
The new manager bounce won’t be a temporary thing for us.
We know what these players are capable of.

Might even change a few minds in the camp.
Look at Chelsea when they downed tools for Jose.....6th to champions overnight
Who would you bring in, Samuel?

'The best reason'?

There is no good reason to keep Poch on.

......*Edit* People might laugh at the idea of us being in the championship and whilst I admit that is an extreme scenario, I do believe if things continue the way they are it's not the most ridiculous possibility.

Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday & Blackburn would all have had the conversation we are having. European Champions, Champions of England, Premier League Winners. Huge support and an iconic stadium. All of those were “too good” to go down. Their fan bases would all have been debating between themselves exactly as we are doing and, like Coventry, it went bang.

If we focus in on Leeds - the only club to “do a Leeds”. They run out of money, stopped investing in players due to a lack of funds, failed to keep pace and huge debt on top of this saw big name players fail to get new contracts or sold off in fire sales.

so sorry to be pessimistic but we went a whole year with no new players, we have failed to keep pace, have accrued huge debt and face (supposed) big name players walking out of the club or sold in a January fire sale. The differences between the two clubs is not as vast as we would like. Have we already done a Leeds, but with a better mortgage?

are we too good to go down ? Nope. 1 point per game takes you down. What’s our ratio since last Feb ?

Liverpool & Everton away next and then what if we lose them two ?

Someone said to me today that there are worse teams than us, I asked whom, the reply was Brighton and Watford - Jesus wept.

I don’t think we will go down, but we are not going to stay up because we are too good !

I’d give a lot for a win at Everton and not getting destroyed at Liverpool, shit even when we were good it was hard enough to get anything at Anfield.

Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday & Blackburn would all have had the conversation we are having. European Champions, Champions of England, Premier League Winners. Huge support and an iconic stadium. All of those were “too good” to go down. Their fan bases would all have been debating between themselves exactly as we are doing and, like Coventry, it went bang.

If we focus in on Leeds - the only club to “do a Leeds”. They run out of money, stopped investing in players due to a lack of funds, failed to keep pace and huge debt on top of this saw big name players fail to get new contracts or sold off in fire sales.

so sorry to be pessimistic but we went a whole year with no new players, we have failed to keep pace, have accrued huge debt and face (supposed) big name players walking out of the club or sold in a January fire sale. The differences between the two clubs is not as vast as we would like. Have we already done a Leeds, but with a better mortgage?

are we too good to go down ? Nope. 1 point per game takes you down. What’s our ratio since last Feb ?

Someone said to me today that there are worse teams than us, I asked whom, the reply was Brighton and Watford - Jesus wept.

I don’t think we will go down, but we are not going to stay up because we are too good !

I’d give a lot for a win at Everton and not getting destroyed at Liverpool, shit even when we were good it was hard enough to get anything at Anfield.
2points from 8 games and we stayed up comfortably. No decent striker either. Yes we could go down but levy will act as he did then if it looks possible.

2points from 8 games and we stayed up comfortably. No decent striker either. Yes we could go down but levy will act as he did then if it looks possible.

There's no way we're going down. Even if Poch stays through the season, the players will still put enough effort so that we stay up.

Him staying through the season is of course an unlikely scenario... Levy will eventually sack him if we keep going on like this.

If and only if our expert fans are correct that Levy is not sacking the manager because of the £30m or so compensation then he is the most inept narrow minded chairman in the PL. In business, sometimes you have to cut your losses or it will get worse and harder to recover.

Yes, agreed, and Harry was the right appointment at that time to get the team moving. Bent / Pav certainly were not as good as Kane or Son too. But I don’t quite agree that Levy will actually act.

There's no way we're going down. Even if Poch stays through the season, the players will still put enough effort so that we stay up.

Him staying through the season is of course an unlikely scenario... Levy will eventually sack him if we keep going on like this.
I was saying we are not going down as well. Poch will only be here at the end of the season if results improve.

Definitely, only four points away from bottom three. Can’t see where the next points are coming from tbh

Back
Top Bottom