Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
The four people who disagreed with this yesterday:

Its a very quick fix.

Hire a manager that plays the players to their strengths, and not their weaknesses

After playing brilliant football, with the same squad that has been playing so poorly, due to a change in formation back to one they are very good at playing, do you still disagree that its a quick fix?

That scrapping the diamond and deploying the old 4231 was extremely simple, extremely quick, and had instant major positive rewards.

Seems very simple to me, and was laid bare yesterday for all to see.

But maybe you still think its the players, and Levy and the 2018 window that made us play a shit formation.

:defoe:

This thread seems awfully quiet today given we've seen yet another awful game.

If Poch actually wanted to be Tottenham manager, he'd drop Aurrier, Winks and Eriksen at least.
You could argue that Rose and even the Belgians need dropping too.

Eriksen has been so bad this season that it's likely he's being that bad deliberately. Winks is a mid table player at best. Aurrier, fuck Aurrier.
Yet there they are, game after terrible fucking game.
Anyone still want to hate on Trippier?

The apathy and lack of reaction to yesterday tells it’s own part of this story. Not even a much anger. Just a void of acceptance. The sort of attitudes that result in mid table or worse, oh look where we are.

divided fan base, money focused owners and a manager who seems ( sadly ) completely lost

This thread seems awfully quiet today given we've seen yet another awful game.

If Poch actually wanted to be Tottenham manager, he'd drop Aurrier, Winks and Eriksen at least.
You could argue that Rose and even the Belgians need dropping too.

Eriksen has been so bad this season that it's likely he's being that bad deliberately. Winks is a mid table player at best. Aurrier, fuck Aurrier.
Yet there they are, game after terrible fucking game.
Anyone still want to hate on Trippier?
There are people creeping back today who were no where to be seen yesterday. As I predicted.

They think if they wait til the dust settles a bit, their views become more balanced.
Just shows them for what they are though.....can’t defend the h defendable so they hide, and come back later talking shit about windows in 2018

Poch claimed last season he was "working on the right mentality".

This season the team's and the manager's mentality has crumbled into nothing.

It's pretty obvious there is a dispute between manager and chairman with Levy wanting rid of Eriksen, Rose and Alderweireld while Poch is utterly determined to stick by them.

In a straight fight between chairman and manager. on this occasion, I choose chairman.

I wasn't at all keen on Poch when we were after him. Initially I thought I was right. Then things got good, very good. But then they started tailing off and now im back to where I was before we got him. That is, genuinely worried his "philosophy" is all he has and tactics and knowhow are lacking.
I had hoped he would grow with us, but it doesn't appear to have happened.

It's pretty obvious there is a dispute between manager and chairman with Levy wanting rid of Eriksen, Rose and Alderweireld while Poch is utterly determined to stick by them.

In a straight fight between chairman and manager. on this occasion, I choose chairman.
I'd get rid of all of them tbh. Players listed, Poch and Levy.
It's time to change EVERYTHING.

as fans we've seen the following time and again:

- CE being a ghost and not interested
- Dele being to wrapped up in other things
- Aurier being a liability

The list could go on but Poch, live by your words, it's time to be brave, we've seen these players underperforming. Most of the fanbase would be behind you in benching them... If it's painful for a few more weeks so be it, we're gaining nothing at the moment, just dragging down those players that give a shit!

We as fans understand bumpy, and that's ok if we can see what you're trying to do but the same shit every week isn't a progression, it's not fixing a watch as you know it will be right a couple of times in the future if you just hold firm.

I’ve finally voted and it’s Poch out I’m sad to say. For a manager who asks so much of his squad both in training and on the pitch, he absolutely fucked it when he said he was considering leaving at the end of last season.

Add to that his continued selection of wantaway players over those still committed to the club and I don’t see how anyone can be motivated.

I’d be thinking - Manager wants to leave but is asking me to bust my arse in training every day, only for some merc to be given a starting XI spot ahead of me no matter how bad they play or how hard I train... not a recipe for smiles is it?

Add in his tactical deficiencies and poor game management and I think it’s time to twist. He can’t rebound from this slump I don’t think, it needs something new.

When will people realise we are GOING DOWN under this charlatan prick??? If the table was from Jan, we'd already be in bottom 3. As it is we are only 4 points off it. This will get worse and worse.

Winks should be cleaning the boots of the first team. Nowehere near good enough.

Anyone who plays Aurier is fucked in the head. He is a disaster zone and will either give away a pen or get sent off.

Why is our biggest ever signing on the bench so a boot cleaner can play??

What the actual fuck is going on?

Do we actually have to be relegated before idiots can see that Poch is a clueless charlantan!???

Wake up people. WE ARE FUCKED IF WE DON'T ACT NOW!!

Get in Mourinho or Allegri!!

I'd get rid of all of them tbh. Players listed, Poch and Levy.
It's time to change EVERYTHING.
An absolute impossibility and there’s a reason no club in the history of the game, or in any team sport has ever started from ground zero, due to poor form.

You sack the manager of the management is failing.

The worst thing about this season is that Poch has shown a lack of faith in himself, totally opposite to the faith he has shown to players who have no interest in playing for the club or who aren't good enough.

Now we're living day by day seemingly under the rule of Poch's version of Chairman Mao's little red book.

The worst thing about this season is that Poch has shown a lack of faith in himself, totally opposite to the faith he has shown to players who have no interest in playing for the club or who aren't good enough.

Now we're living day by day seemingly under the rule of Poch's version of Chairman Mao's little red book.
Chairman Mao would not have accepted defeat.

Back
Top Bottom