Poch to Woolwich ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My Opinion

• Not a problem, he's a free agent

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • Loss of respect, anywhere but there.

Votes: 46 32.9%
  • Treason. Totally changed my opinion of him.

Votes: 66 47.1%
  • Disappointed but still love the guy and wish him well.

Votes: 15 10.7%

• Total voters
Again, why?

We SACKED him. He owes us nothing. If Woolwich offer him a job he is entitled to take it. Doesn't mean he hates Spurs and us fans.

I hope it doesn't happen but I'm not going to slate the man if it did.
If you dumped your mrs and she started fucking your brother you'd be fine with it?

If you dumped your mrs and she started fucking your brother you'd be fine with it?

No but that's not the same thing at all.

He was employed by us but no longer. He is now free to seek employment from anybody else imo.

IF he ends up at Woolwich I'll be saddened by it but I'm not going to hate the bloke and make out he's betrayed us or something.

Some of you cunts need to get over yourselves.

I hope Poch goes abroad and enjoys great success. Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, maybe even PSG (he played for them). I think he deserves the chance to walk into a club with infrastructure in place rather than having to build it himself. I can see a scenario where he signs with Bayern at the turn of the year but for the start of next season so he gets a bit of a break and recharges his batteries.

I agree. We have dispensed of his services and he's a free agent to go where he pleases. As I said before I cannot imagine him in the Woolwich dugout but I would never question his right to be there.

Not sure that's quite correct.

OS announcement said 'The Club can today announce that Mauricio Pochettino and his coaching staff Jesus Perez, Miguel D’Agostino and Antoni Jimenez have been relieved of their duties.'

That may well mean that Mauricio and staff will continue to be paid by Spurs for a certain amount of time (6 months, a year whatever) and quite possibly a lump sum at the end of that time - provided that they have not taken up another job.

All of which means that Poch might take the Woolwich role in the next month or so - but he'd have to resign from Spurs and give up his payoff.

So not quite the same as Poch being a 'free agent'

And maybe DL would vary the terms such that it was better for Poch to go to Madrid or Bayern rather than a PL club, provided Poch asked when the time came.

Not sure that's quite correct.

OS announcement said 'The Club can today announce that Mauricio Pochettino and his coaching staff Jesus Perez, Miguel D’Agostino and Antoni Jimenez have been relieved of their duties.'

That may well mean that Mauricio and staff will continue to be paid by Spurs for a certain amount of time (6 months, a year whatever) and quite possibly a lump sum at the end of that time - provided that they have not taken up another job.

All of which means that Poch might take the Woolwich role in the next month or so - but he'd have to resign from Spurs and give up his payoff.

So not quite the same as Poch being a 'free agent'

And maybe DL would vary the terms such that it was better for Poch to go to Madrid or Bayern rather than a PL club, provided Poch asked when the time came.

You make an excellent point, 'gardening leave' may well have been agreed. Interesting to see where he does end up, I would imagine abroad but as they say "It's a funny old game".

Again, why?

We SACKED him. He owes us nothing. If Woolwich offer him a job he is entitled to take it. Doesn't mean he hates Spurs and us fans.

I hope it doesn't happen but I'm not going to slate the man if it did.
How would you be able to look back at memories of him while he's wearing an Woolwich top?

He knows about the history of the club and the rivalry and deciding to still go ahead joining the goons would be all on him.
Nobody else takes the blame.

How would you be able to look back at memories of him while he's wearing an Woolwich top?

He knows about the history of the club and the rivalry and deciding to still go ahead joining the goons would be all on him.
Nobody else takes the blame.

Bollocks.

He's free to go wherever he wants based purely on the fact that we have just SACKED him!

I doubt his next job will be in England anyway but one day he may return to these shores and I'm he would be entitled to take on ANY job offered to him including Woolwich.

Bollocks.

He's free to go wherever he wants based purely on the fact that we have just SACKED him!

I doubt his next job will be in England anyway but one day he may return to these shores and I'm he would be entitled to take on ANY job offered to him including Woolwich.

The Club can today announce that Mauricio Pochettino and his coaching staff Jesus Perez, Miguel D’Agostino and Antoni Jimenez have been relieved of their duties.

Not the same as sacking - see my post a few above

The Club can today announce that Mauricio Pochettino and his coaching staff Jesus Perez, Miguel D’Agostino and Antoni Jimenez have been relieved of their duties.

Not the same as sacking - see my post a few above

That's being a tad pedantic though mate and not really the point.

If he ends up at the Chavs or Woolwich one day so be it. I won't and can't hate him for it. Fuck anyone that disagrees.

That's being a tad pedantic though mate and not really the point.

If he ends up at the Chavs or Woolwich one day so be it. I won't and can't hate him for it. Fuck anyone that disagrees.

Not pedantic, just clarification that Poch is not a 'free agent'.

Wont stop him getting another job, but it does mean that any club wanting his services will have to compensate Poch for Poch losing some money off Spurs leaving package.

It might mean Poch is more amenable to some jobs - eg Bayern or Madrid rather than Woolwich for the next year or two (but depends on exactly how the leaving package is structured)

Bollocks.

He got himself sacked for his recent awful form.

If you could really look at Poch in a red gooner kit and feel nothing that's a bit odd.

Mouse?!

Have you heard of this new thing called a MOBILE PHONE. It's amazing it really is. Allows one to call and text whilst on the go and even, get this, surf the net.

Wow!

:crouch:
Wow you can even press that disagree button on the go!

You really are dedicated aren't you.

Back
Top Bottom