Poch to Woolwich ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My Opinion

• Not a problem, he's a free agent

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • Loss of respect, anywhere but there.

Votes: 46 32.9%
  • Treason. Totally changed my opinion of him.

Votes: 66 47.1%
  • Disappointed but still love the guy and wish him well.

Votes: 15 10.7%

• Total voters
Inter have improved tremendously under Conte so that shouldn't be an option. All the others are options though.
It's much easier to cross to the other side in Italy than it is in England (Conte, Ancelotti, Pioli, Mihajlovic, Leonardo etc.). Still, nothing should get ruled out, but I very much doubt that he'll end up in that shithole.

Conte is butting heads with the board, apparently. Only reason I listed them.
Typical of him. I have a friend who's an Inter fan and isn't worried about his relationship with the board just yet. But yes, he's highly volatile and you may not know what happens until the summer.

It's much easier to cross to the other side in Italy than it is in England (Conte, Ancelotti, Pioli, Mihajlovic, Leonardo etc.). Still, nothing should get ruled out, but I very much doubt that he'll end up in that shithole.

Imagine AFTV if he did??

Total meltdown with DT having to lie down

Levy won't let him take another prem job knowing the contract status of our players etc. He'll have been put on some hardcore gardening leave.

Have to think the only reason he joins the scum is because no other European clubs showed interest.

That said wouldn’t rule out a Jose to United kind of revenge signing. When you compare Poch’s and Emery’s goodbye letters, only one sounds like a manager who has been at a club for 5 years and it isn’t Poch’s

Cant believe anyone thinks Poch will go to the scum. Will never happen. I love that Woolwich fans think it might though.

Agreed. I think they will approach him, it would be foolish not to, but Im convinced he’d decline them.
I think he will take a rest for a few months. Also think he will end up at United.

Have to think the only reason he joins the scum is because no other European clubs showed interest.

That said wouldn’t rule out a Jose to United kind of revenge signing. When you compare Poch’s and Emery’s goodbye letters, only one sounds like a manager who has been at a club for 5 years and it isn’t Poch’s
I've just read his letter, I wasn't aware there was one.

TBH it doesn't sound like him one bit, he could barely speak English. It reads as though it's been penned by their marketing Dept. because in it addresses and name-checks all the issues that the fans and media have with them. It reminds me of the shite they came out with when they signed Xhaka, with every piece coming out of the club telling everyone that he was a leader. I bet he just signed it.

Absolutely don't want him to go there, it would be hard to hate him. Also, hard to accept given his words about never joining them.

But we did sack him, he is free to go where he wants (unless he's agreed contractually not to).

Bayern lost today and Madrid have tracked him for years. My gut says Madrid and I think that will not be until the summer.

Poch has built himself a decent reputation, however Jose is exposing some of his failings and as everyone knows you are only as good as your last job ... so for Poch to risk his fragile reputation at a club that is fragmented from board room to fan base, that has an ageing shit squad, that has an owner who doesn't give a fuck? He would be a fool to risk it ... if he turned them around he'd be a god, but failure is so much more likely.

Poch will have Bayern, Utd and possibly a few more in City, RM, PSG after his services come the summer, not to mention 12m from Spurs in his bank account ... why would he rush to go to Woolwich?

Back
Top Bottom