Pochettino v Mourinho: transfer history who’s the more capable?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like this guy?

images

Well no, because he hasn't won anything with a top club.

Which is why when he leaves Man Utd, he won't land another top job.

Mourinho, obviously.

Poch for the most part wasted away shit loads of money.

Here is a starting 11 of their best signings. You decide.

Cech
Ferreira - Carvalho - Lucio - Cole
Modric - Essien
Robben - Sneijder - Eto'o
Drogba

vs.

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Davies
Wanyama - Dele
Lo Celso - Coutinho - Son
Llorente​
That first Eleven would ruin the second one. Proper beat down. It would be actually funny watching that midfield try and get the ball off Moric and Essien

Saying a manager wins things because of money is pretty disrespectful. He wins things because he's a bloody good manager.

Good managers get the best jobs. The best jobs usually require teams that have money

Poch has spunked lots of money.
You were one of the main voices against appointing Mourinho the day Poch was sacked, why are you now altering your tune just because he's our manager? You're like a politician who changes his principles more often than his underwear just to be popular.

This whole thread is a bucket of shit. How can you compare the signings of a manager that manged Chelski and Real Madrid with unlimited cash to one thats managed Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs. Illogical nonsense.

You said good managers get the best jobs.
Solskjaer proves that's not necessarily the case.

Are you saying Solsjkaer is a good manager?

People seem to try and beat Mourinho with a stick by saying he only wins things at clubs with money..... but that's stupid, because GOOD managers will cotninue to get jobs at the highest clubs WITH money.

Like the ridiculous argument that Guardiola isn't good because he wins pretty much every trophy possible whilst playing amazing football, breaking records and improving players.

You were one of the main voices against appointing Mourinho the day Poch was sacked, why are you now altering your tune just because he's our manager? You're like a politician who changes his principles more often than his underwear just to be popular.

This whole thread is a bucket of shit. How can you compare the signings of a manager that manged Chelski and Real Madrid with unlimited cash to one thats managed Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs. Illogical nonsense.

One of the main voices?

Find a post where I was a main voice against Mourinho?

I remember being against him in September, when I was happy to back Pochettino before it became increasingly obvious he had passed his sell by date.

After we got a born winner in like Mourinho and saw how happy the position made him and how his words came across compared to previous managers who referred to the past, I was more than on board.

The thread is a bucket of shit - go quote the fucking guy who made the thread then instead of hopping on my dick you weirdo.

One of the main voices?

Find a post where I was a main voice against Mourinho?

I remember being against him in September, when I was happy to back Pochettino before it became increasingly obvious he had passed his sell by date.

After we got a born winner in like Mourinho and saw how happy the position made him and how his words came across compared to previous managers who referred to the past, I was more than on board.

The thread is a bucket of shit - go quote the fucking guy who made the thread then instead of hopping on my dick you weirdo.
Still trying to process it to be honest.

Best manager in my lifetime. Made me fall in love with it all again after the AVB and Sherwood times. Gave us some of the greatest moments in the last 20+ years.

The love he showed for the club. The tears on the final game at The Lane. The passion when he got us to the Champions League final. The way he conducts himself. He's magic.

Redknapp once said when he was manager that it was as good as it gets but then Pochettino came along.

I genuinely feel like with Poch, this is as good as it gets. He had us punching above our weight. Not many affordable guys out there will make us do the same.

Mourinho? Have a laugh.
:avbfu:

On a level though, I'd like to apologise for the second paragraph of my original post. Wasn't aimed at you man, was aimed at the thread as a whole.

:avbfu:

On a level though, I'd like to apologise for the second paragraph of my original post. Wasn't aimed at you man, was aimed at the thread as a whole.

How does that make me a main voice?

Mourinho showed more hunger in his opening few press conferences to change my mind on the announcement.

I've been nothing but supportive of him since.

Coaches have very little to do with signing players. They have a lot less input in the process than people think.

You think Poch spent his spare time watching Vlad Chiriches and Clinton N'Jie?

Coaches have very little to do with signing players. They have a lot less input in the process than people think.

Well, he didn't sign Vlad Chiriches, so probably not.

Poch wasn't even here when we signed Vlad.

There's a diff between coach and manager..... Poch was manager for much of his tenure and we dismantled our recruitment dept at his request.

You think he wanted that so it could all just be lumped in Levy's lap whilst he was busy getting a stadium built?

Zero logic. Think first.

No, I'm not.

I'm saying that good managers get the best jobs.

Bad managers can also get good jobs. Grant, Di Matteo, Moyes etc.
Right, so you're saying that sometimes good managers get the good jobs, and sometimes they don't. Sometimes bad managers get the good jobs.

:sonhmm:

Fair enough, but I'm not quite getting your point.

Right, so you're saying that sometimes good managers get the good jobs, and sometimes they don't. Sometimes bad managers get the good jobs.

:sonhmm:

Fair enough, but I'm not quite getting your point.

No, I'm saying good managers get the best jobs.

Have you seen anyone on the level of Guardiola or Mourinho manage someone small?

Back
Top Bottom