Pochettino v Mourinho: transfer history who’s the more capable?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He brought in about 55 players for 20 million. It's a different era now.

20m to win the league, EL & CL... Sounds like transfer funds well spent to me.... Arguably the most ringing endorsement of either manager given the premise of this thread.

20m to win the league, EL & CL... Sounds like transfer funds well spent to me.... Arguably the most ringing endorsement of either manager given the premise of this thread.
It was well spent but times have changed, he's already spent more than that on one player.
If he can win the PL and CL with us with a small budget obviously everybody will be happy, but I can't see it.

Over their careers Mourinho by a country mile.

Pochettino not yet shown he can either handle or identity the kind of players a squad needs to win a title.

Mourinho may not be the manager he was but he has shown he knows what is needed.

It was well spent but times have changed, he's already spent more than that on one player.
If he can win the PL and CL with us with a small budget obviously everybody will be happy, but I can't see it.

Of course, times change. It's not really my point to wave a flag for Jose in this context of this thread as I think there's too many mitigating factors for a meaningful comparison between his track record & Poch's.

I just think that if you take it as a moment in time, it's the most credibly laudable achievement mentioned so far.

You guys have to harp back 15+ years.

That’s also roughly the time Nottingham Forest and Brian Clough went from kings of England and Europe to being relegated. People have a shelf life, decline and inevitably get overtaken. It’s okay to admit this.

You guys have to harp back 15+ years.

That’s also roughly the time Nottingham Forest and Brian Clough went from kings of England and Europe to being relegated. People have a shelf life, decline and inevitably get overtaken. It’s okay to admit this.

Who's "you guys"?

....Did you actually read what I subsequently wrote?

I think we cannot compare this to what happened 16 years ago - that’s all.

Compare what?

I've already said: "I think there's too many mitigating factors for a meaningful comparison between his track record & Poch's."

As I've also already said in the very post you LOL'd at: "Arguably the most ringing endorsement of either manager given the premise of this thread."

How does that make me a main voice?

Mourinho showed more hunger in his opening few press conferences to change my mind on the announcement.

I've been nothing but supportive of him since.
What's that axiom about when the facts change sensible people change their mind? Guess what with even more facts to go on your at liberty to change it again. One of the most rank things about the utterly rank last five years is how every position must be clung to in the face of all logic, and become a defacto religious belief. Its sickening and dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom