Pochettino with Mourinho's squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would we be in a better position if Poch was managing this squad?

• No you cunt, Poch had his chance.

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Poch didn't make good signing, so he could never build this squad

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Yes, Poch would be leading the league with this level of backing

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Apart from Matt Doherty, we're golden.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The English prefer to slaughter Argentinians than support them, so I'm glad the Mourinho era is here

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SausageVince

end of an era
The shine has started to rub off Mourinho's style this season. We're losing points and many in the forum seem to believe it's down to Mourinho's tactic. Versus Wolves, we've scored in the first minute and sat back to defend it. That didn't work.

I want to know, if Poch had been given the backing Mourinho was given, would we be in a better place?

Just ignore the fact that Liverpool bottled it against Fulham and West Brom with a better squad and so called best manager. Poch was not able to deliver despite managing for 5 years. Please - go home, you are drunk. Hysterical thread

The shine has started to rub off Mourinho's style this season. We're losing points and many in the forum seem to believe it's down to Mourinho's tactic. Versus Wolves, we've scored in the first minute and sat back to defend it. That didn't work.

I want to know, if Poch had been given the backing Mourinho was given, would we be in a better place?

Maybe not as Poch had probably lost the dressing room at the end and the squad was burnt out so his demise was inevitable.

Poch coming in fresh had he never been here I would have expected much more with this squad then we are currently doing. This is without doubt the strongest squad I have seen in my lifetime and most of our strength is in attack.

Poch is gone though and he is not coming back, that is over, we move on.

Maybe not as Poch had probably lost the dressing room at the end and the squad was burnt out so his demise was inevitable.

Poch coming in fresh had he never been here I would have expected much more with this squad then we are currently doing. This is without doubt the strongest squad I have seen in my lifetime and most of our strength is in attack.

Poch is gone though and he is not coming back, that is over, we move on.
A fine evaluation, Tomo.
I tend to agree. And certainly, this is the best squad of my lifetime. We only seem to have one game plan in our locker. We're better defensively than the late Poch side, sure, but we're too predictable.

A fine evaluation, Tomo.
I tend to agree. And certainly, this is the best squad of my lifetime. We only seem to have one game plan in our locker. We're better defensively than the late Poch side, sure, but we're too predictable.

difference between this squad and the 17/18 squad is we have better attacking players but worse defensive but overall much more depth.

We have such good attacking players we should be taking advantage more of that instead we are playing to our weakness which is defence.

I’m desperately hoping there’s another option to a spent Poch and this negative shite. It could be Mou. But there’s just no enthusiasm about the club right now. No positive energy. I watch football to be entertained and it’s just shit right now.

Love Pochettino and every thing he did for the club, best manager of my lifetime by a good margin.

But our squad essentially stopped being able to press and play quality football in January 2019. The wonderful UCL run obscured the fact that Pochettino got 26 points in his last 24 league games at the club. It was a calendar year of dross. I don’t know if he lost the dressing room or the legs had just gone after years of high tempo football but it was bad.

In retrospect, I think some of Pochettino’s issues in the transfer market were of his own making. He seemed unwilling to accept players that weren’t his absolute first choices. No chance he would have went for a player like Hojbjerg for example. Jose seems more willing to work within the financial constraints the club faces.

Ultimately, I think Pochettino had reached his end point here. His interest seemed to drop and his press conferences were increasingly odd. It was wonderful time but it ended at the right time. Whether Jose is the answer remains to be seen, but I don’t think letting go of Pochettino when we did was the problem. He seemed ready to wrap it up.

Just ignore the fact that Liverpool bottled it against Fulham and West Brom with a better squad and so called best manager. Poch was not able to deliver despite managing for 5 years. Please - go home, you are drunk. Hysterical thread
They are first, 6 points ahead of us and will win the title again, some difference. And arguably they squad, given the injured players, are as good as ours, but there's one difference, they play football.

Back
Top Bottom