Pochettino with Mourinho's squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would we be in a better position if Poch was managing this squad?

• No you cunt, Poch had his chance.

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Poch didn't make good signing, so he could never build this squad

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Yes, Poch would be leading the league with this level of backing

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Apart from Matt Doherty, we're golden.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The English prefer to slaughter Argentinians than support them, so I'm glad the Mourinho era is here

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sure I have no issues with people pointing out his injury concerns as they are becoming very concerning.

Just don't like the BS he does nothing for us narrative that some seem to try and push.
Modern day Lamela.
Some of our fans do over rate our players who have done very little in our shirt to earn this praise.

Modern day Lamela.
Some of our fans do over rate our players who have done very little in our shirt to earn this praise.

Lo Celso has made more quality passes in one half of football in any game he has played than Lamela has his whole career.

You have shown in the past you don;t want to look at reality and only what fits your narrative so I not surprised by your stupidity here.

Just ignore the fact that Liverpool bottled it against Fulham and West Brom with a better squad and so called best manager. Poch was not able to deliver despite managing for 5 years. Please - go home, you are drunk. Hysterical thread
Hang on, that's OUR copyright!
Liverpool CAN'T bottle it, they merely dropped points against relegation threatened teams....
Don't you know the OED definition of 'Bottling' is when SPURS lose a game... (Cup semi final/Finals or title run in games = added bottle status!)
But not Liverpool.... NEVER Liverpool!

Lo Celso has made more quality passes in one half of football in any game he has played than Lamela has his whole career.

You have shown in the past you don;t want to look at reality and only what fits your narrative so I not surprised by your stupidity here.
How many assist or goals in his 18 month Spurs career?
That is reality for you look at facts not mine or your opinions of certain players.

How many assist or goals in his 18 month Spurs career?
That is reality for you look at facts not mine or your opinions of certain players.

I don't care about goals and assists as much as i do chances created. If he is the guy who creates the chance but other finish like he did against Woolwich why do I care if he gets he gets a meaningless stat?

He was without doubt our best player last year for the majority of the season once he started playing. He is a creative midfielder in a team devoid of creativity.

So focus on meaningless stats while those that understand the game actually pay attention to what happens in the game.

This obsession with pochettino needs to end. Even Barcelona fans ain’t this obsessed with guardiola. He had his shot. A lot of good moments and some bad ones. He won’t come back. At least in short future. It’s like the ex girlfriend obsession.

I don't care about goals and assists as much as i do chances created. If he is the guy who creates the chance but other finish like he did against Woolwich why do I care if he gets he gets a meaningless stat?

He was without doubt our best player last year for the majority of the season once he started playing. He is a creative midfielder in a team devoid of creativity.

So focus on meaningless stats while those that understand the game actually pay attention to what happens in the game.
You don't care about goals or assists and say they are meaningless?
I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about.
Our centre forward has more assists in 15 games this season than Lo Celso has in his Spurs career.

Eriksen was never anything without Dembele in the team. I've posted the stats to prove it numerous times.

And its starting to look like Dele wasn't either.

Our single most important player of the last 5 or so years was Mousa Dembele. Its no surprise our form as a team tailed off tremendously the moment we got rid of him.

Eriksen and Dele never looked the same. Our midfield has never looked the same. Our style of play has never really looked the same.

Without Dembele consistently beating a press and getting the ball to Eriksen/Dele in space, they were nothing.

To think, he'd get regularly criticised, subbed off at HT and people wanted him sold before then.

Sounds familiar.
But Dembele was put on a pedestal by Poch. "Best player Ive ever seen blahblah" Given the freedom to do whatever he wanted, and fed the ball lots by defenders and the other CMs. Ndombele on the other hand gets bypassed with our current donkey tactics.

You don't care about goals or assists and say they are meaningless?
I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about.
Our centre forward has more assists in 15 games this season than Lo Celso has in his Spurs career.

I can see goals and assists for what they are. The whole play matters more. As my Woolwich example showed when Kane scored against Woolwich it was the pass and decision by Lo Celso that created the chance. Son got the assist but he actually likely made the wrong play by not crossing it back inside. Kane making a great shot doesn't make Son's "assist" more valuable than the better and key pass that Lo Celso made earlier.

This happened a lot last season where Lo Celso would beat the defender opening space for Son/Kane to tap it over to the other to score. Against Lo Celso doesn't get a stat but still it was him who made the key play and more difficult pass.

Last season when he would take the ball from the back 4 to the front 3 because Winks and Sissoko were incapable of it, it did not result in him getting stats but without it we would have be terrible.

Assists and goals only tell part of the story of what happens which is why a guy like Dembele who was key for us did not rack up the stats even though taking him out of our line-up had likely as big an impact as anything.

This obsession with pochettino needs to end. Even Barcelona fans ain’t this obsessed with guardiola. He had his shot. A lot of good moments and some bad ones. He won’t come back. At least in short future. It’s like the ex girlfriend obsession.

It’s the Redknapp/AVB thing again. Its hard to go from fun football (not the last season under Poch mind!) to boring. Going from Redknapp to AVB was like skydiving only to land in a maths lesson. Mourinho will be tolerated by fans long as he wins, that is the trade off, boring football but victory and trophies, always was that.

I would slightly flip this question and ask do people think Pochettino would have achieved success with Mourinho's initial Chelsea squad?
You mean the squad that finished 2nd under Ranieri and reached the CL semis before having even more blank chequebook investment?

one of the more egregious examples of revisionist history on this forum is framing Mourinho’s time at Chelsea as some sort of Miracle but “Guardiola had it easy” at Man City.

Back
Top Bottom