Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
One thing to note and yes, it's Bayern but look.at the speed of the appointment.

Then look at us.

You can only dare to guess how long it will take for us to have a new man at the helm..

And until then we are in a state of flux.
Also the appointment gets announced for next season whilst the current one is still ongoing. Everyone knows what will be happening. Granted some of our targets may want to see where their current club finishes first but I like the speed and decisiveness of the appointment.

We should have a DoF with a clear vision
And Levy has always wanted that, or at least he thinks he has. But he has never given enough faith or operational control over to a DoF in order to allow that to blossom.

That's the comic irony in all of this. Daniel Levy would think Daniel Levy was a total idiot of a chairman if he could step outside himself.

He 100% Wanted Docherty he went on record saying how much he rated him. He is never a Levy buy. Totally wrong profile.
The club had nowhere else to go because we wouldn't pay what Atalanta wanted for Castagne. Basically levy used the Mendes connection to get Doherty for a relatively cheap fee, everyone was surprised how we managed to buy a PL proven and experienced player for the fee we did.

If he 100% wanted Doherty why did he treat him like he did. It was a compromise signing, like the majority are for managers under Levy's stewardship.

And Levy has always wanted that, or at least he thinks he has. But he has never given enough faith or operational control over to a DoF in order to allow that to blossom.

That's the comic irony in all of this. Daniel Levy would think Daniel Levy was a total idiot of a chairman if he could step outside himself.
We had them with Baldini and Commoli so he's tried that model. Going back to it might seem like a failure to him. He's a stubborn man so i'll be surprised if he does but i get the feeling he enjoys the all-encompassing role he's got. He's a control-freak.

Just seen about Rodgers. Isn't this going well, we're already onto our 3rd target. Bit gutted, him or Naglesmann were the only 2 i was sure about. Getting into the massive gambles now. I'm torn between just appointing ten Hag tomorrow or getting Ragnwick as DOF and letting him appoint who he wants. Giving Levy wants total control i expect the former and probably announced soon.
I do hate how the media works. If we don't get Dyche, who is now on our list of targets according to them, does that mean we are failing here too?

I don't doubt that Nagglesmann was on our list, he was also on Chavs, Real Madrid's, Barca's & Bayerns to name but a few.

With Rodgers, I say it's probably accurate that he is on a list of ours but they way it's presented is Rodgers thinks Leicester is better than Spurs and who the fuck would ever go to Spurs???! Yet, I suspect the truth is Rodgers is well aware that the expectations on him at Spurs would be higher than what he has at Leicester. Let's not forget he became a living and walking meme during his time at Liverpool, he literally couldn't handle it.

Nagglesmann & Poch both turned down Real Madrid, was that reported in the same way as Rodgers today? I don't think so.

Rodgers is a good manager, he's getting rewarded handsomely and has his feet under the table with his slippers on, their fancy dress wearing fans love him for having them just a handful of points above us and in a semi-final for the first time in a million years. With most managers lasting approx 2yrs, he's absolutely right to keep his slippers on and avoid another meltdown.

The club had nowhere else to go because we wouldn't pay what Atalanta wanted for Castagne. Basically levy used the Mendes connection to get Doherty for a relatively cheap fee, everyone was surprised how we managed to buy a PL proven and experienced player for the fee we did.

If he 100% wanted Doherty why did he treat him like he did. It was a compromise signing, like the majority are for managers under Levy's stewardship.
Yet there were Wolves fans saying we've had his best years, he can't defend in a back 4 and it's a good bit of business to swap him out for Semedo. The alarm bells were there all along if you chose to hear them.
The transfer like Gedson and Vinicius was a Mendes stitch-up which we will ultimately suffer for because now he has a tasty 4 year deal and we can't get rid of him as he'll have little re-sale value at his age. Big win for Matt, not much of a deal for us again..

:levylol:

Yet there were Wolves fans saying we've had his best years, he can't defend in a back 4 and it's a good bit of business to swap him out for Semedo. The alarm bells were there all along if you chose to hear them.
The transfer like Gedson and Vinicius was a Mendes stitch-up which we will ultimately suffer for because now he has a tasty 4 year deal and we can't get rid of him as he'll have little re-sale value at his age. Big win for Matt, not much of a deal for us again..

:levylol:

Bitter fans from ex club?? They didn't want him to go, no-one in foot all saw that transfer coming, Doherty was very settled and happy at Wolves

Semedo has struggled this season. Imagine if we had paid almost 30 mill for him like Wolves did

No way do we hire Scott Parker or Graham Potter. We're the 9th richest club in the world.

Has to be Allegri, he is a brilliant tactician and is the best manager out of a job.

Juventus have been on a downward spiral since he left, that's despite them signing Ronaldo too! He would have won two Champions Leagues if it wasn't for two great teams.

Did you read the article???? He said Hart and Hojberg were "amazing business". No-one else

This is what I'm saying about backing, it's not backing when the club steps in as you say to block selling players the manager doesn't want. He got it wrong about Ndombele but Dele is an ongoing problem who is fucking up himself and his career.

Like I said not many fans wanted him, Levy fucked up, and basically it's been a waste of 18 months. Absolute criminal choice made by Levy.
I think it's more than common knowledge how I felt about his appointment, it's the biggest managerial fuck up in 20yrs.

He was backed though. Highest net transfer spend in our history, targets for every single position he wanted covered. He, fans & media all giving it a seal of approval.

Alarm bells would have absolutely rang regarding Dele & Ndombele. Whilst I find his hire dumbfoundingly stupid, nay negligent, they would have been very aware of what they were getting regarding his conflict style. There was no difference at Utd where they too were desperate to keep the growing list of those he publicly hung out to dry and cast off (they are all performing well under the new guy) and worth substantially more today than they were under Jose. Utd were right to look after and keep these players. I think we are right to stick with ours.

No way do we hire Scott Parker or Graham Potter. We're the 9th richest club in the world.

Has to be Allegri, he is a brilliant tactician and is the best manager out of a job.

Juventus have been on a downward spiral since he left, that's despite them signing Ronaldo too! He would have won two Champions Leagues if it wasn't for two great teams.
Allegri probably has the best CV of anyone on that list.

I saw a video of people discussing Sean Dyche. Sean Dyche folks. Fuckinell :king:

What the fuck is the Spurs way, if anyone can care to enlighten us. The names being mentioned are a joke.

Just seen about Rodgers. Isn't this going well, we're already onto our 3rd target. Bit gutted, him or Naglesmann were the only 2 i was sure about. Getting into the massive gambles now. I'm torn between just appointing ten Hag tomorrow or getting Ragnwick as DOF and letting him appoint who he wants. Giving Levy wants total control i expect the former and probably announced soon.
It's embarrassing being turned down.

Back
Top Bottom