Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
That DNA comment got my hopes up that Levy understood the clubs fans from the 60’s/80’s/Poch era that we like to play attacking front foot football and whatever our success we would try and play the right way. He has now put Nuno is a position where if he doesn’t play attacking football the fans will want him out quickly and Nuno is not known for attacking football. I do feel a bit sorry for Nuno.
Well, he has a bit more attacking talent at his disposal now, even if Kane does go. Hopefully the likes of Bergwijn and Son will no longer be auxiliary defenders and even Hojbjerg, who amazingly is alongside Shaw in the assist table at the Euros, might be given a bit more scope than under the last cunt...

Well, he has a bit more attacking talent at his disposal now, even if Kane does go. Hopefully the likes of Bergwijn and Son will no longer be auxiliary defenders and even Hojbjerg, who amazingly is alongside Shaw in the assist table at the Euros, might be given a bit more scope than under the last cunt...

If Kane goes and we are relying on Bergwijn and Hojbjerg, or some other cunt with a J in the middle of his name, then I already look forward to the Chris Hughton promotion campaign in 2022/23.

Rangnick has retired from management. Strike him from the poll.

He has instead started his own company through which he will work with clubs and coaches as a development consultant.

Yeah bit weird in the article you posted it states Spartak Moscow he was talking to but now he's with lokomotiv?
It would not surprise me at all if the article just mixed the two clubs up.

This sort of setup is not that uncommon. Luis Campos operates like this as well. He has his own company that then works for different clubs (Lille, Monaco etc) to help build their scouting departments and infrastructure.

There's another company based in Barcelona that the club that I follow in the Swedish system worked with. But instead of with scouting they came in and worked with the club's coaches to develop the playing system and training methods and the club's assistant coach came from the company as a consultant.

That DNA comment got my hopes up that Levy understood the clubs fans from the 60’s/80’s/Poch era that we like to play attacking front foot football and whatever our success we would try and play the right way. He has now put Nuno is a position where if he doesn’t play attacking football the fans will want him out quickly and Nuno is not known for attacking football. I do feel a bit sorry for Nuno.
In the light of how our manager hunt unfolded, I now read that Levy "Spurs DNA" statement as a PR ploy to placate us fans.

For context, Levy may also have issued it when he thought the return of Poch was feasible, or the hiring of a Nagelsmann-type was possible.

But the reality is that Levy was always likely to pursue "the best coach available". Hence the Conte farce.

I'm afraid I'm still of the view that once Paratici was signed up as (nominal) DoF, our head coach search was no longer about the best coach available, but the best Mendes client available.

To be clear, I will cut Nuno some slack and I hope, genuinely, he succeeds.

But as you say, Nuno is a defensive coach by nature, albeit offering more attacking structure than Mourinho.

My best sense is he will try to build our attacks around Kane & Son, seek to get more out of Reguilon (with Sess as back up), as a LWB, and also try to maximise the attacking threat of GLC & Tanguy.

All those players, if they can stay fit, are better than the equivalent players Nuno worked with at Wolves.

I expect some TFC members will disagree. But for me:

Kane is better than Raul Jimenez (who is good, but not Kane level)

Son is better than Adama or Neto

Reguilon is better than any Wolves LWB

GLC & Tanguy, if fit, are better than Neves & Moutinho.

Now, let's sort out the defence.

What does this mean?
It means I want children to be protected from other people's sexual preferences being liberated via the England national football team captain.

I've already answered your question and given my reasoning. So instead of asking over and over just read my answers. I don't want a sexual liberation to be promoted in arenas where children watch.

It means I want children to be protected from other people's sexual preferences being liberated via the England national football team captain.

I've already answered your question and given my reasoning. So instead of asking over and over just read my answers. I don't want a sexual liberation to be promoted in arenas where children watch.

If a child at your kid's school has '2 daddy's', what are you gonna say if they ask you about it?

Back
Top Bottom