Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can’t agree with that, maybe for you but not for most. Boring defensive football is shit for me and most won’t stand for it just because we fluke a few single goal victories in with the losses and snorefests.

Yeh same here as a Spurs fan our club is about or should be about entertainment. As a manager for us you can do one of two things, play exciting football or win trophies. I accept we won’t be winning much so entertainment is primary.

Last edited:
Can’t agree with that, maybe for you but not for most. Boring defensive football is shit for me and most won’t stand for it just because we fluke a few single goal victories in with the losses and snorefests.
Yep. Feels like we're already back to the same arguments we were having under Mourinho. You can tolerate shit, negative football if you're winning the title or at least seriously challenging for it, but if all we're going to do is finish 6th, 7th, 8th then forget it. Negative managers will never make it as this club so Nuno needs to change tack pretty sharpish.

Meaningless while the owners have zero ambition beyond making money.
What does this mean ‘beyond making money’? They aren’t making money until they sell the club really… levy takes a good salary and they can leverage the FC to borrow for infrastructure developments but they aren’t making money per se.

Not digging you out, but at some point surely they do want to make money from their investment?

I'm not impressed by what i've seen to date. City was good but the other 3 have been really poor. He messed up yesterday, terrible midfield and i'd also question the need to start Hojbjerg and Skipp in games like Watford at home. But its 4 league games. It took 3 months under Poch to start to see an improvenent and for him to work out what his best side was.
Poch was quite ruthless getting rid of deadwood

We’ve moved Sissoko but still got Winks Doherty and Davies

Unacceptable

What does this mean ‘beyond making money’? They aren’t making money until they sell the club really… levy takes a good salary and they can leverage the FC to borrow for infrastructure developments but they aren’t making money per se.

Not digging you out, but at some point surely they do want to make money from their investment?
Stadium and training facilities going up in value all the time and the debt for this is on Spurs not ENIC

They have made hundreds of millions already.

Only they have not yet liquidated it through a sale.

Every pence of it financed by the operations of the Football Club. Not a single one by their own pocket.

Agree. Those 3 and Clarke could be moved on and we lose absolutely nothing. Wouldnt even need replacements. We didnt do enough in the summer, nowhere near
They are just squad players though. Not ideal but the boring cunt Nono is the one accountable for picking that midfield and not changing it. Never in a million years would he play Thiago and Harvey Elliot (with a single DM) like Klopp has done today

squad isn’t great; but he’s the primary issue.

They have made hundreds of millions already.

Only they have not yet liquidated it through a sale.

Every pence of it financed by the operations of the Football Club. Not a single one by their own pocket.
My point is it’s paper money until they sell. Well aware their initial investment was small, and the value has increased due to their borrowing against the FC, but they haven’t made hundreds of millions in cash (yet). What is their end game?

Bit harsh, we moved on Lamela too. Took us 8 years, mind.
I think Poch was like a lot of us hoping Coco would come good and stay fit but one thing you couldn’t fault for was his effort and desire

Ndombelly has neither but he has ability

Winks and Doherty have neither nor any ability

They are just squad players though. Not ideal but the boring cunt Nono is the one accountable for picking that midfield and not changing it. Never in a million years would he play Thiago and Harvey Elliot (with a single DM) like Klopp has done today

squad isn’t great; but he’s the primary issue.
Thing is he picked Moutinho and Neves at Wolves, who can both sit deeper but both can actually pass and play football. Our 3 in midfield, Winks, Hojbjerg and Skipp are all a bit much of a muchness. None are good progressive passers, goalscorers from deep or even out and defensive midfielders (Skipp the closest). Instead of trying to buy Traore we should have got Neves. I think we're over estimitating our squad.

Thing is he picked Moutinho and Neves at Wolves, who can both sit deeper but both can actually pass and play football. Our 3 in midfield, Winks, Hojbjerg and Skipp are all a bit much of a muchness. None are good progressive passers, goalscorers from deep or even out and defensive midfielders (Skipp the closest). Instead of trying to buy Traore we should have got Neves. I think we're over estimitating our squad.
So play Ndombele or Gill in there? Three DM’s? Fuck off that’s capitulation / damage limitation

he’s done, sooner the better. I hope Levy goes berserk at him and his staff and make it clear he’s on thin fucking ice and any more negative shit and he’s gone m. Paratici can F off too

So play Ndombele or Gill in there? Three DM’s? Fuck off that’s capitulation / damage limitation

he’s done, sooner the better. I hope Levy goes berserk at him and his staff and make it clear he’s on thin fucking ice and any more negative shit and he’s gone m. Paratici can F off too
Yesterday was an utter shitshow and its on the manager, not doubting that. Should have picked Gil. Still think we lack quality though. What the manager needs to realise though is as fans we're off the back of 18 months of torture under Mourinho, Nuno was hired(wrongly imo) to play more attractive football. If that doesn't start to happen over the next couple of months he can have no complaints if he's binned.

Back
Top Bottom