Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yesterday was an utter shitshow and its on the manager, not doubting that. Should have picked Gil. Still think we lack quality though. What the manager needs to realise though is as fans we're off the back of 18 months of torture under Mourinho, Nuno was hired(wrongly imo) to play more attractive football. If that doesn't start to happen over the next couple of months he can have no complaints if he's binned.
Months? F that. End of Sept

got no problem losing against Chelsea or Woolwich… but I will be boo’ing if we set up not to lose and not participate

can we fuck off withh this thread till december please and thanks.

Overreacting Jennie Garth GIF by FOX TV

Juventus have turned the page Andrea Pirlo. Qualified in extremis in the Champions League by finishing 4th in Serie A, and eliminated from C1 in the round of 16 against Porto, the Old Lady saved the essential last season but preferred to separate from her coach, a novice, to recall Massimiliano Allegri. She undoubtedly launched the 2006 world champion too early, who was initially supposed to take over the Turin U23s. Fate has decided otherwise. Discreet until then, Pirlo has long confided in The Athletic where he returns to this unsuccessful first on a professional bench.

He feels he was unsuccessful and was not helped by the circumstances. “I learned a lot, it was my first experience as a coach but it was very intense because we started the season with only one friendly match. Everything happened really fast. We played every three days, without putting up with it, without being able to recover and without being able to train to prepare for the next match. It was difficult to try something new because the recovery was what was most important, “he defends himself, he who has been looking for a coherent team all season, without ever really finding it.

From now on, he is free and hopes to find a new project quickly. Polyglot after spending a few years in the United States with New York City, he would see himself going to the England side, or even to Ligue 1, since he seems to have made a little call of the foot. “When the results are not achieved, the first responsible is the coach. I have to work to do better. But it was a year that I grew up. Now I would like to go abroad, I spent three years in the United States so I have no problem with English and I also speak French ”.

This is a message that will not go unnoticed among French clubs in search of a spotlight. He plans to go to Camp des Loges soon. “I can go anywhere. I watch a lot of matches and I observe the other coaches. You can learn from anyone. I see a lot of workouts online. When it is easier to travel, I will go see it in person. I met Mauricio Pochettino on vacation in Ibiza and he asked me to come to Paris. If I can, I would also like to go to Manchester to see Guardiola. But I am ready to embark on a new adventure. ” A good hearer.

:levystare:

Thing is he picked Moutinho and Neves at Wolves, who can both sit deeper but both can actually pass and play football. Our 3 in midfield, Winks, Hojbjerg and Skipp are all a bit much of a muchness. None are good progressive passers, goalscorers from deep or even out and defensive midfielders (Skipp the closest). Instead of trying to buy Traore we should have got Neves. I think we're over estimitating our squad.

We've done so for years.

The squad peaked at the "battle" of Stamford Bridge. That was a tremendous squad.

My point is it’s paper money until they sell. Well aware their initial investment was small, and the value has increased due to their borrowing against the FC, but they haven’t made hundreds of millions in cash (yet). What is their end game?

Selling it for hundreds of millions. Literally.

Though eventually it's operations may increase cashflow so much, that they can start tapping it directly.

Their "investment" is 0. What they put into the purchase was the value the seller wanted. No more no less.

They have put 0 pence of their own money into the asset, be it the FC or the wider company, including real estate projects.

he’s done, sooner the better. I hope Levy goes berserk at him and his staff and make it clear he’s on thin fucking ice and any more negative shit and he’s gone m. Paratici can F off too
Levy couldn't give a fuck. He has no interest in football. His interest here is purely financial.

Levy couldn't give a fuck. He has no interest in football. His interest here is purely financial.

I am not totally sure that is the case. If he didn’t give a toss we would have had a DoF from the start and Levy would have done nothing but set our transfer budget.

He gets involved and tries to play Championship Manager when he shouldn’t be near squad development as he isnt qualified for that.

I am not totally sure that is the case. If he didn’t give a toss we would have had a DoF from the start and Levy would have done nothing but set our transfer budget.

He gets involved and tries to play Championship Manager when he shouldn’t be near squad development as he isnt qualified for that.
Eb80wIzUYAAi6jr

"We chose football because it is the most popular sport on Earth and the biggest money spinner"

It explains everything mate. From Stratford to the ESL to Anchor Tennants to just 1 carling cup in nigh on a Quarter of century under his tenureship.

I know but there’s a link between the two. Even the bald locust can see that
But we've won practically nothing since he showed up. And most of our fans meekly accept it while he's seen his investment multiply a hundredfold and made it into the forbes top 100 on the back of our antipathy.
As far as he's concerned, it's working just fine

But we've won practically nothing since he showed up. And most of our fans meekly accept it while he's seen his investment multiply a hundredfold and made it into the forbes top 100 on the back of our antipathy.
As far as he's concerned, it's working just fine
Tipping point by November

if shinehead continues to try and nick 1-0’s, the ground will be half empty when the defeats come. I’m here for some toxic dissent to force these frauds out

I'm so glad we didn't give in to Conte's demands and hire lots of staff who knew what they were doing and sign players who are good at football. It would have been intolerable.

Conte = 200m per summer.

Spurs: "Thx for your time mate; it was nice talking to you"

Time to finally get over it peeps.

We've done so for years.

The squad peaked at the "battle" of Stamford Bridge. That was a tremendous squad.

No it didn't..... We were significantly better the year after.

Finished 2nd.... Unbeaten at home.... Better stats in every department. Better run in Europe.

Last edited:
What levy cannot grasp is that the most successful football clubs are also the ones that also financially generate the most because it goes hand in hand.

Huh? Wdf????

That is without doubt the one thing he clearly does grasp..... His entire M.O. is to increase revenue!

Without increased revenue we'll never be able to compete financially with the non-plastic big clubs like Utd. & Liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom