Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's the Vardy impact and the added expectation.

Vardy has been massive for them but time waits for nobody.

His diminishing ability to stretch teams with his pace and general play is hard to replace and with the loss of Fofana and other players not being at it, you get struggle.

If Leicester think.they can get better I would love us to be the recipients.
Expectations can be raised so quickly and become the default.

I challenge anyone here to throw any name in World football at me, and I'm almost certain that I would rather have them at the helm than this fucking gobshite that Paratici hired in the Summer.

He ought to be sacked immediately too, he's either completely incompetent if he really thought the bearded dickhead was a good choice, completely crooked if he did it just because Mendes, or completely insubordinate in going totally against Levy's wish for an attacking manager (let's face it, the shortarse cunt is too fucking thick to have known better once an actual football man said Nono would do).

And once that business is taken care of, Levy ought to repay the last 3 years of his wages and fuck off never to be seen again.

Let's say Nuno is fired but Paratici is retained. Where are you then? Wouldn't Paratici just go out looking for another manager who shared his football philosophy of the Italian school with its emphasis on defense? What baffles me is why Levy acknowledged the need to return to the Spurs "DNA" and then hired someone whose background and ideas about football preclude doing that. I have yet to hear a logical explanation of why Paratici was thought to be the right person for the job.
He'll just call up Mendes and see who's free and cheap. It seems to be the Spurs way now.

I challenge anyone here to throw any name in World football at me, and I'm almost certain that I would rather have them at the helm than this fucking gobshite that Paratici hired in the Summer.

He ought to be sacked immediately too, he's either completely incompetent if he really thought the bearded dickhead was a good choice, completely crooked if he did it just because Mendes, or completely insubordinate in going totally against Levy's wish for an attacking manager (let's face it, the shortarse cunt is too fucking thick to have known better once an actual football man said Nono would do).

And once that business is taken care of, Levy ought to repay the last 3 years of his wages and fuck off never to be seen again.
Vincent Janssen
Harry Winks
Mousa Sissoko
Bobby Zamora
Grzegorz Rasiak

Wonder when Nuno 's name was brought up it really is staggering that he was hired I knew a proven coach wouldn't be hired but this appointment looks like the height of folly had fairly low expectations but unfortunately he has not even met them . Obviously would love him to prove everybody wrong but doesn't appear he will so new manager hunt will begin soon enough .

Gallardo would be an interesting prospect

Is he leaving in December?

If So maybe Nuno goes , and you just go get Gallardo . Take the opportunity.

OR.. Mason caretaker until Gallardo? Idk but would be a sensible appointment.

Gallardo would be an extremely risky but also extremely exciting appointment!!

this coaching merry go round makes me wish we’d do as the Red Bull clubs do. Promote from within to maintain the club’s priorities instead of chasing names. For example Jesse Marsh starts at RBNY, goes to RBS and ends up at RBL. Before him Ragnick recommended Nagelsmann as one who held the same philosophy and would fit the club.

Last edited:
I think that Paratici was brought in for his transfer connections more than anything else. He seems to have done some smart deals for young players, I think from that side he's fine.

100% agree on the football philosophy, but it's hard to know what's true on that. His initial choices of manager were Fonseca and Gattuso who do not play defensive football. Only when he fucked those up did he turn to Nuno out of desperation due to pre-season being days away from starting.
Agreed. I think Spurs are too focused on the international transfer market and building asset appreciation and not enough on putting a roster that works on the pitch. Sometimes bringing in an experienced Premier League player who fills a need makes more sense than making a speculative play on a younger international player.

this coaching merry go round makes me wish we’d do as the Red Bull clubs do. Promote from within to maintain the club’s priorities instead of chasing names. For example Jesse Marsh starts at RBNY, goes to RBS and ends up at RBL. Before him Ragnick recommended Nagelsmann as one who held the same philosophy and would fit the club.
Problem there is that we don't have a hot young name coaching in the u23s. It's Chris Powell and Ryan Mason to pick from.

Back
Top Bottom