Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah. Just wish we had that kind of system.
I don't think that RB is the right system to compare to since they are a consortium of clubs. Marsh has moved between three of them now. Whenever we have a really promising youth coach they usually get recruited as first team manager elsewhere. Like when Parker got swooped up by Fulham as an assistant to Ranieri.

It is easier for RB to retain promising coaching talent since they can give them a "promotion" to the next club in the chain.

Agreed. I think Spurs are too focused on the international transfer market and building asset appreciation and not enough on putting a roster that works on the pitch. Sometimes bringing in an experienced Premier League player who fills a need makes more sense than making a speculative play on a younger international player.

Last summer:

PEH
Doherty

Was exactly that remit..... Still ended up with a dud tho. 😕

We have the academy and the u21/23 squads. You could teach those coaches the high press and fun style and have them ready to go if they are successful
Most truly promising u23 coaches aren't going to stick around and wait for the first team manager to get sacked. They'll put out feelers through their agents for first team opportunities before too long.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid Is there any talk in the Spanish press about Coudet possibly getting canned by Celta?

He would be an interesting name to keep track of. A promising Argentine manager with an attacking brand of football.

Hello everybody

monophy.gif

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid Is there any talk in the Spanish press about Coudet possibly getting canned by Celta?

He would be an interesting name to keep track of. A promising Argentine manager with an attacking brand of football.

This!!!

Don't ask me why, but I watched a fair bit a footy from Argentina a while back, and his Racing team is probably the most exciting team, I've seen in the last decade. Not in Argentina mind, but anywhere. It's (early Spurs years)-Poch on steriods. If nothing else, it'll be fuuuuuuun :allitongue:

This!!!

Don't ask me why, but I watched a fair bit a footy from Argentina a while back, and his Racing team is probably the most exciting team, I've seen in the last decade. Not in Argentina mind, but anywhere. It's (early Spurs years)-Poch on steriods. If nothing else, it'll be fuuuuuuun :allitongue:

You reckon OUR squad of spoilt little pricks would run around a lot?
Nuno is a pleb, but I very much doubt our running stats are so low because he said don't run.
If we get another high hard pressing coach we HAVE to change the entire squad to implement it.

After a look at wikipedia and knowing absolutely nothing else about him i'm on the Gallardo train. Seems to tick every box we're looking for. Obviously a risk transferring what he's done in South America but high reward if he has a fraction of the impact he's had at River Plate. Sod it, it would have to be more interesting than the last 2 years.

You reckon OUR squad of spoilt little pricks would run around a lot?
Nuno is a pleb, but I very much doubt our running stats are so low because he said don't run.
If we get another high hard pressing coach we HAVE to change the entire squad to implement it.

I do yes. With the right manager who'll inspire the players, who are you worried about, beyond Ndombele? And posssibly Kane until he gets his shit together? We might have a creative hole of gigantic proportions in the middle of the pitch, but Skipp and PEH will run themselves into the ground for the right manager. Alli and Gio will put in a real shift as well. Same with Son and Lucas further up the pitch.

In short, yeah we have the squad for it, if a manager can bring an infectious, let's get fucking at them attitude.

I do yes. With the right manager who'll inspire the players, who are you worried about, beyond Ndombele? And posssibly Kane until he gets his shit together? We might have a creative hole of gigantic proportions in the middle of the pitch, but Skipp and PEH will run themselves into the ground for the right manager. Alli and Gio will put in a real shift as well. Same with Son and Lucas further up the pitch.

In short, yeah we have the squad for it, if a manager can bring an infectious, let's get fucking at them attitude.

That type of football is best suited to a squad with an average age of under 25 and even then they still need a higher than average fitness level.
Not sure we have anywhere near enough of those in the squad. Kane, Son and Moura would all be walking wounded very quickly. Oddly the one who could be useful is Dele but he seems washed up.
Ndombele would die. Skipp would get sent off, PEH would probably get run around. Then you have Dier and Sanchez as your last line of defence.

Our squad is appalling. Poch knew. He knew the players he had could never play the football he wanted. I think that style requires constant squad recyling.

Last summer:

PEH
Doherty

Was exactly that remit..... Still ended up with a dud tho. 😕
Good point. As a fan I think people like myself always make things sound easier than they are. Scouting is a good example. The scouting department had to be sharp enough not to look at Doherty's last good season at Wolves and pick out how much of his success was his ability and how much was him fitting into the system. I would have guessed with Nuno coming in it would have been a boost to his career and he might at least have become a useful player off the bench. So far that hasn't happened.

Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb what is the general opinion on Pedro Martins as a manager in Portugal? He's been doing really well with Olympiacos hasn't he? And getting some nice European scalps.

He's on the last year of his contract with Olympiacos so maybe he could be poached?

That type of football is best suited to a squad with an average age of under 25 and even then they still need a higher than average fitness level.
Not sure we have anywhere near enough of those in the squad. Kane, Son and Moura would all be walking wounded very quickly. Oddly the one who could be useful is Dele but he seems washed up.
Ndombele would die. Skipp would get sent off, PEH would probably get run around. Then you have Dier and Sanchez as your last line of defence.

Our squad is appalling. Poch knew. He knew the players he had could never play the football he wanted. I think that style requires constant squad recyling.
I think you are over exagerating the need for squad recycling the problem we have is that we ran a small group of players into the ground and we have not replaced any players that we have sold or have got too old. Look at Liverpool they still play a pressing style with an ageing team .

Back
Top Bottom