Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Benitez already starting to put his stamp on Everton, 10 times better manager than Nuno, for starters he's actually won things.

Our recruitment is a fucking joke

This is the problem. We actually spent quite a bit in the last few windows but it's all scattergun. Our players don't form a cohesive team and our manager isn't good or flexible enough to get something out of them. It's the same dogshit recruitment strategy that led to the mess after we sold Bale.

Everton meanwhile aren't even signing world beaters. They just have a plan to back Benitez way of playing and are getting players like Townsend and Gray that suit that style.

Because of our lack of inventiveness behind the scenes we're going to miss out on Marcelo Gallardo.

He would have come here in a heartbeat. Now he's Barca bound.

How is it that I/we are better scouts/DOF's than those hired?

Gallardo was available and we didn't even consider him.

Because of our lack of inventiveness behind the scenes we're going to miss out on Marcelo Gallardo.

Breaking news?

The chatter here 2 days ago was that he'd turned them down.

Anyone with more than a touch of common sense can see we fucked our manager search in such an incredible way. Our ‘’DNA’’, a manager who plays modern attacking football and works with what he has got for a long term project.

And what do we do, hire Nuno. I don’t blame Levy for the money, that is Joe Lewis, he doesn’t want to invest and no one can force him. I do blame Levy however for the continuous stupid football decisions that have seen us lose Poch, miss out on Naglesmann (hired Jose instead) then gone for a completely unsuitable manager after Jose was fired.

I know Levy is a smart man in many ways, but I seriously doubt anyone can believe he knows football well and I mean actual football not the business of football. There are just too many easy fucks up.

Paratici actual worries me a bit. In terms of signings I quite like them, Romero, Royal and Gil look good players but Gattuso and Nuno raise huge red flags!

I mean we may as well hire Allardyce or Pulis. The difference is they have fancy Latin surnames but if the vision for the club is Tony Pulis with a Portuguese surname what the hell are we doing. That is not our DNA nor is it an ambition other than to try and stay in the league.

Can we not have Paratici choosing our next manager please

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom