Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd rather have the guy whose team utterly fucked Dortmund last night.

How many of that Ajax team would get in the Dortmund team realistically? 1? 2?
Mazroui, Martinez, Blind, Timber, Gravenberch, Alvarez, Tadic, Antony would all be in with a good chance of staring for Dortmund. Agree though, ETH is very good.

I am coming round to Parker.
When in the Premier League with Fulham he obviously had to defend a lot due to squad quality. But now we get to see how he operates when he has a "quality squad" (comparative to his level of competition).

I can definitely see Levy keeping an eye on Parker for the coaching job down the line.

Wasn't the word around the camp fire at the time, that Parker impressed a lot during his short coaching stint with us?

If he has a gold star next to his name, both as a player and a coach with us, then yeah he surely must be in the running.

Scott Parker has AFC Bournemouth playing some of the best football ever seen by their supporters.

Evidently they were always susceptible to dropping points late on in games under Eddie Howe, but it seems Scotty has tightened up their defensive problems whilst enhancing the whole team in every position, and has successfully brought in younger players who are excelling.

They’re unbeaten the top of the Championship so far under Scott’s leadership.

He has to be on our radar ...... hasn’t he?
Eddie Howe had no problem winning promotions with Bournemouth and then he kept them in the PL for a number of years. Parker has a long way to go before he matches Howe's achievements.

Wasn't the word around the camp fire at the time, that Parker impressed a lot during his short coaching stint with us?

If he has a gold star next to his name, both as a player and a coach with us, then yeah he surely must be in the running.
I think he'd love the chance... it seems like we might be focusing on a lesser manager or rather a manager from a lesser team, rather than a big name from abroad. I don't see Poch flitting anytime soon.

If we are to be giving Nuno the push this season or at the end of it..... but until we clear out Dele Winks etc and replace them with better we don't have a good 'squad' which is a worry that one or two injuries could fuck up whoever the manager is with having to use players from the fringe.

When in the Premier League with Fulham he obviously had to defend a lot due to squad quality. But now we get to see how he operates when he has a "quality squad" (comparative to his level of competition).

To that point, the same applied for his Fulham team the year he got them promoted.

I think he'd love the chance... it seems like we might be focusing on a lesser manager or rather a manager from a lesser team, rather than a big name from abroad. I don't see Poch flitting anytime soon.
I would be shocked if Parker wouldn't be excited to coach us.

Hopefully he doesn't already see himself as a manager that is too big to come in and do a project. I think that Parker is a good shout to helm a new Spurs project long term.

Without proper backing we're going to struggle getting in anyone of note that's obvious.
Newcastle United Bruce GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

Coach Ole should be available in the morning. Maybe we should stick him behind the wheel in the home dugout for the visit of Man U on Saturday.

I like Scott Parker, in fact I like a few of them other blokes on that list too, which is why I don’t want them to manage us….
Id rather they went to another club and got a fair crack at things….

how much more does it cost Chelsea to change managers/players every few years ? than its cost us over last 5/6 years

I read somewhere around the time they sacked Conte that they'd spent over 100m on manager compensation..... They've since binned of Lampard & Sarri too.

Side note re: Nuno's short contract undermining him.....

They also gave Tuchel an 18month deal when he first arrived..... He just backed himself and got on with it.... Nuno's mindset is probably no different.

Back
Top Bottom