Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I genuinely think Mason did a better job in his short stint than Nuno has done so far. At this point, I'd prefer to sack Nuno, put Mason in charge and then try and make a proper job of things in the summer.

I do fear though, that Levy has become incapable of making a good football decision. Maybe Uncle Joe could give Levy the boot and really try and reboot the club. I can't see it though.
Winks and Doherty will be back. Yay. But no Bale to bail him out and shitter version of Kane.

Significantly better football and see where it takes us.

Which i guess resurrects the question of whom.....

Won't be hard, we're barely above relegation standard when it comes to chance creation stats. A manager who can come in for the rest of the season and get the team pressing and looking like we're coached in an attacking sense. Where we finish is partly down to how other teams perform, I'm not interest in arbitrary league targets.

Anyone but Nuno isn't purile, it's just sense. He was a pointless appointment from the start and the longer he stays here the longer we waste on him rather than getting somebody who wants to play football that the fans deserve, which is not hit and hope Dier long balls as our primary creative force.

It is when a lot of the people throwing the mantra about aren't really willing to talk on a practical level like you just have; whilst being happy enough to throw names like Dyche & Rafa about whom offer nothing in terms of 'better' football or Howe or EPL-newbs whom will prescribe similarly naive football but can't guarantee we don't perilously slide down the table to un-chartered degrees.

If we can make a power-play for Potter (or whoever else we might consider a longer-term solution), then fuck yeh... I'm all for it; otherwise I question what we hope to gain from an interim appointment.

Last edited:
Significantly better football and see where it takes us. Won't be hard, we're barely above relegation standard when it comes to chance creation stats. A manager who can come in for the rest of the season and get the team pressing and looking like we're coached in an attacking sense. Where we finish is partly down to how other teams perform, I'm not interest in arbitrary league targets.

Anyone but Nuno isn't purile, it's just sense. He was a pointless appointment from the start and the longer he stays here the longer we waste on him rather than getting somebody who wants to play football that the fans deserve, which is not hit and hope Dier long balls as our primary creative force.
With Nuno being offered a two year contract it is clear that short termism is in full swing.
His appointment smacked of desperation it did then and still does because we couldn't seem to get anyone willing to get on board probably because they didn't want to work with a chairman who cannot be trusted.
I would be surprised if Nuno makes it to the end of the season, he looks awkward in the job and does not seem happy or has any idea of getting the team playing with any confidence he is/ was a dreadful appointment based on lack of vision and ambition.

If we can make a power-play for Potter (or whoever else we might consider a longer-term solution), then fuck yeh... I'm all for it; otherwise I question what we hope to gain from an interim appointment.

I sort of agree with this to be honest. Which only shows how badly Levy fucked up the Jose situation. Not only sacking him before a major cup final, but then absolutely fucking the search for his replacement and lumbering us with Nuno for this season. The sort of incompetence that deserves the sack, but I guess Levy is untouchable because he is part-owner and Joe Lewis knows that Levy will always look out for Joe Lewis' interests.

I don't think Levy is an idiot, he must know he has made a massive fuck-up. Is he capable of redeeming himself in the summer? We'd better hope so, because I don't think he is going anywhere.

Which i guess resurrects the question of whom.....

It is when a lot of the people throwing the mantra about aren't really willing to talk on a practical level like you just have; whilst being happy enough to throw names like Dyche & Rafa about whom offer nothing in terms of 'better' football or Howe or EPL-newbs whom will prescribe similarly naive football but can't guarantee we don't perilously slide down the table to un-chartered degrees.

I can safely say if we hired a Dyche or Rafa I'd lob myself off the nearest bridge.

Honestly just give Mason the reigns for however long. He didn't do any worse than Jose and I doubt he does any worse than Nuno. I actually enjoyed games more under Mase than I did Jose, and I imagine it'll be the same story with the disciple. If we can get someone like Howe, Fonseca, Favre in for a season with a promise of a longer contract if they do well, great. If not just caretaker it, we'll be no worse off.

But hey, I understand where you're coming from. There are legitimate practical reasons to keep Nuno till the end of the season whilst we find someone long-term. I'm just so bored during our games and frankly any sort of a shift to someone who can coach us in any visible way would be good. Which isn't Mason .. but hey ho.

200.gif

Did he say that?
He did an interview with Swedish TV before the City game. He played it coy about leaving Brighton and didn't mention us by name (but the interviewer name dropped us as one of the clubs that were interested in him) but said that no club was in direct contact with him in the summer so he never considered moving. He never contemplates it until given a proper offer.

So if we sent out feelers those were stopped at Brighton's desk.

My guess is Scott Parker is about the only fella who'd take it at this point.

I'd honestly love that. It's only the championship but he's doing a fantastic job at Bournemouth so far. The way they press as a unit reminds me of Liverpool or City, he's got a good squad to work with but there are a couple of better ones not playing nearly as well.

He's promoted youth there, established a pleasing style, and has them top of the league. Brilliant work. And I enjoyed watching his Fulham side too despite relegation, and I'm sure he's learned from that since. Also think the fans would be happy to give him a bit more time than other options due to his connections to us, which is handy.

I'd honestly love that. It's only the championship but he's doing a fantastic job at Bournemouth so far. The way they press as a unit reminds me of Liverpool or City, he's got a good squad to work with but there are a couple of better ones not playing nearly as well.

He's promoted youth there, established a pleasing style, and has them top of the league. Brilliant work. And I enjoyed watching his Fulham side too despite relegation, and I'm sure he's learned from that since. Also think the fans would be happy to give him a bit more time than other options due to his connections to us, which is handy.

He's doing great.... Again...... Agreed about Fulham too. In terms of us; one for the pipeline I reckon... The longer he can keep honing his craft the better.. We know the relationship is already there.... I'm sure he'd like a punt at us too eventually.

If he gets Bournemouth promoted in style then he will be a top candidate for the job in the summer. Doesn't seem the type of man to walk out on them mid-season. And it's probably better for us to wait and see how he finishes the season with Bournemouth anyway.

It occurs to me that a big name manager coupled to a small spending club doesn’t work. See Ancelotti at Everton, or even Jose at Spurs. Until levy opens up the bank, we’ll struggle for top four and trophies. You’re only as good as your payroll.

I don't think Levy is an idiot, he must know he has made a massive fuck-up. Is he capable of redeeming himself in the summer? We'd better hope so, because I don't think he is going anywhere.
It felt like pulling teeth to get the twat to admit his last massive fuck up in the form of Mourinho. Then shortly after appearing to fess up, he engaged in the most embarrassing managerial search I've seen in modern football that ended with a terrible choice who was available the whole time.

I'm not holding my breath. As has been said before, the one person who needs to be sacked in the club hierarchy is unsackable.

Back
Top Bottom