Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
They are doing great in the table while having the same points as us. And we are apparently doing shitly. You can see why he would be attracted . With us he can dream of finishing in the top 4 some day and manage in the CL. With Brighton, this is about the best it gets, the only way is down.
Their entire stadium could pretty much fit in our south stand.
They're probably about as good as they'll get whereas we have a higher ceiling even with Daniel Greedy.

And what happens when performances arent great with Potter within 2 months. Sack and change , sack and change until something sticks is very inefficient.
That's misunderstanding the motivation behind wanting Nuno out, if there were any evidence from his previous work that suggested things could improve with time then I doubt we would have reached peak negativity so quickly, but there isn't.

If Potter were here and after 2 months performances were poor, you could still look back and see that he has a track record of making limited teams play good football, and justify giving him more time.

That's misunderstanding the motivation behind wanting Nuno out, if there were any evidence from his previous work that suggested things could improve with time then I doubt we would have reached peak negativity so quickly, but there isn't.

If Potter were here and after 2 months performances were poor, you could still look back and see that he has a track record of making limited teams play good football, and justify giving him more time.

It’s likely with Potter as he tries to implement his style we would get 4-0 wins one week and 3-0 loses the next as the players adapt to a possession based game and attacking style. I could live with that long as we had a sense of direction, it’s not about results it’s about implementing a good style. Results will follow most likely the season after and that is what is needed.

It’s likely with Potter as he tries to implement his style we would get 4-0 wins one week and 3-0 loses the next as the players adapt to a possession based game and attacking style. I could live with that long as we had a sense of direction, it’s not about results it’s about implementing a good style. Results will follow most likely the season after and that is what is needed.
A 4-0 win would be nice, ALL of our wins so far this season only add up to a +5 goal difference!

In the league, we've scored 9 goals. Only 4 teams have scored less. Teams in 16, 17th, 18th and 20th
Our goal difference is -4. Only 5 teams have a worse goal difference than us. They're in 14th, 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th

We stink. We really do. People say the table doesn't lie and when 38 games have been played, it rarely does. During the season, a better gauge of where a team are and will go, is the GD IMO.

Nuno's press conference after the match was very concerning for anyone who think he will stick. "We controlled the game"...he said it several times. If passing the ball back and forth along the defensive line for 30 minutes of the match is controlling the game, I guess he makes sense. But it's just not. The worst club in England can probably do that. There was no impetus to move the ball toward goal, which is why "controlling the game" culminated in 7 shots the entire match, and none on goal in the second half.

Last edited:
Koeman is on the cusp of getting the sack.

Let's hope Martinez/Xavi gets the gig. I really want Gallardo at Spurs by the end of the year..

Star Wars Reaction GIF

Back
Top Bottom