Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mail saying we've not given up on Rodgers. All sounds a bit desperate.
The press sticking the knife into Spurs without concrete proof?

same-as-it-ever-was.gif

Saw us linked to Ten Hag today.
My take in February.

“I can see it being the Ajax manager next. He’s only got a year on his contract come the summer. I imagine he’s weighing up options already

We have a good relationship with them so I don’t think we would raid them mid season.

Might have a little bet on that actually.”

Needless to say I didn’t bet on it. FFS.

But that's where the issue still is. It's not a football issue. He simply looks at the asset he is buying or selling and the market. He's not looking at football side. If he was he'd know that doing business quickly and early in a football sense (not a business one) is best
Therefore he must go

Agree. Maybe what he did doesn't look that special on paper but if you were a fan between 1992 and 2004 it was a breath of fresh air and a massive improvement. It made it fun again.
Exactly right

for me after the whole Santini saga and the near relegation experience with the well loved Christian Gross (see Avatar) in the late 90’s
Martin Jol was a breath of fresh air around the place and we started to play great football and found some consistency.

Sometimes I like you, and then you say shit like this lol.

Fuck me, that is a sad take on life.

I'm not saying that Americans know nothing about football, only that there's an assumption that Americans know nothing about football, so a coach would have overcome that credibility barrier. Bob Bradley fitted in perfectly with this perception and reinforced the stereotype.

I still don't get this view, there are a lot of intriguing and solid options. There may not be any sure fire guys but I don't think there ever is.

The board/structure of the club is still the main issue and will likely limit the effectiveness of the manager but there are a number of intriguing options that bring quality football and the possibility to have a lot of success.

What is it that you would like to see in a manager that would be better or actually out there? Are there other guys you could see us getting that would be inspiring?
I think it's 20 years of failure tbh.

Comfort yourself that it’s the latter.

Jol > Santini

Pochettino > Van Gaal.

Add in Ramos, AVB and Mourinho and the lesson here is that we have been anything for underwhelming to terrible with “big name” coaches
I fully confess I wasn't into the idea of Poch but I was also very much against LVG. Clear as day he was a nutcase who gets sacked everywhere all the time.
I can't help but feel Poch lucked out with the best squad we've had since the 1980s and still we failed technically.

I fully confess I wasn't into the idea of Poch but I was also very much against LVG. Clear as day he was a nutcase who gets sacked everywhere all the time.
I can't help but feel Poch lucked out with the best squad we've had since the 1980s and still we failed technically.
He built that team and it’s not like those players have gone to next level without him.

Back
Top Bottom