Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I applaud Ten Hag for his intelligence in not wanting to work for Levy. I suspect Rangnick will be the same. These types of real football people have no time for idiots like Levy

Where does that leave us? I guess Eddie Howe is free
Idiots who think because they are good at business in general that they know what is best for football.

When they clearly don't.

Time to log off, mate

Normally Ajax coaches come from within the club. Ten Hag roots are in the East of the Netherlands, close to the German border. You think his English is horrific, his Dutch is even worse. He is a farmer boy with no flair at all who more or less out of the blue became the Ajax coach. He started with a lot of scepticism from both media and fans.
Now Ajax is not a European top club but I am sure it's definitely one of the most difficult clubs to be the manager of. Defensive football is just not being accepted. Both attractive football and results is what the supporters demand, nothing less. I can imagine Ten Hag didn't feel like he was finished yet at Ajax and wanted to settle in a bit more and further improve the team.
I think Spurs should be glad with his attitude. If he was as 'ambitious' as you say, he will be gone to City within a year after 'doing' Spurs.

No self-respecting manager would want to work with football biggest cunt CEO - we are doneski here

Only a money grabbing chancer or a washed-up has been is our options now

Shameful scenes

OUT NOW !!!

Will be funny if Potter turns us down too and bags a pay rise at Brighton

It's gonna be Martinez isn't it. He will be announced at the end of the season, continue with Belgium and officially begin here as soon as Begium are knocked out of the Euros.

So you’re JJ ITK? :llorishuh:
Jose Juan , El Que Sabe

giphy.gif

Biesla taking Leeds to 9th is a much better achievement and evidence of good managerial skills than Potter taking Brighton to 17th, or Parker taking Fulham to 18th.

Bamford scored 16 goals in the Championship last season, while Maupay before joining Brighton scored 25 goals in the championship. So you can't blame it all on Brighton not having strikers. Managers have to take some responsibility for a team who can't convert xG to goals.

That adds a spin to it. Maybe ten Hag didn't have the same vision.

So... Potter, Parker, Rodgers, Glasner..? Martinez, Southgate, Nuno?

When a manager prefers to stay at a farmers league like the Dutch one and to not work in a top 6 club in the biggest league in the world... or top 12 in the super league :freund:
Ajax is just a challenging and interesting club to work for. Playing CL next season is an interesting bonus. Eric will make his transfer, but not this year and not to Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom