Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hadn't considered Lopetegui. Doing well with Sevilla, especially considering they don't really have a huge amount of quality or pace in attack. El Nesyri and Ocampos are good but not great. His Spanish team was a lot of fun to watch. Madrid run was a disaster, but probably lots of mitigating factors there. Also, his English is very good. Hopefully we take a look at him.

Baby Reaction GIF

Why is so hard for some people to accept that we had discussions with him and he made a bad impression? He's a made a bad impression on me the more I've looked into him. He left me feeling quite cold at the prospect of him becoming manager. And I said all this before today.
Reminder that Levy was also “blown away” after discussions with Mourinho before he was given the job. If Levy’s hiring managers by their ability to make his dick tingle then we’re fucked. As a matter of fact looking back at the last 20 years only 2 managers were a “success”, just proves how well Levy finds his man.

I really wish Jose would throw the NDA down the toilet and give a proper interview exposing this fucking liar to the world for what he truly is. As well as some of the bottling losers in our changeroom who have now directly been involved in sacking 2 quality managers

The world, and most importantly, THFC fans deserve to know the truth!
Levy is a dose but Mourinho's second to none methods have left a lot of good quality players looking like pubs league footballers. Let's not pretend Mourinho isn't far past his best and made less of our squad than it actually is.

Just reading on FB that Ten Hag has just had his contract extended by Ajax and not him (if that makes sense!) so he could still come to us but Levy would have to pay compensation!

Which he probably won’t now!
Not only that, but it's obvious the whole "one year extension" is simply a "Give us more money" shout.

Also it'll show Ten Hag if Levy is serious or not.

Why is so hard for some people to accept that we had discussions with him and he made a bad impression? He's a made a bad impression on me the more I've looked into him. He left me feeling quite cold at the prospect of him becoming manager. And I said all this before today.

On the other hand, Mourinho made a great impression on Levy, and charmed the fucking bollocks off many of us, myself included, in his first few weeks here.

Maybe ten Hag told him the squad needs to be gutted, but Levy thinks it's good enough to challenge for the league. The usual. It's very hard to know.

On the other hand, Mourinho made a great impression on Levy, and charmed the fucking bollocks off many of us, myself included, in his first few weeks here.

Maybe ten Hag told him the squad needs to be gutted, but Levy thinks it's good enough to challenge for the league. The usual. It's very hard to know.
Bad impression?

Walked into the room suave, sophisticated and bald and saw two bald oompah loompahs in Levy and Hitchin and started to laugh.

The more this farce develops the more we alienate ourselves from anyone truly qualified to be the next manager. Levy will appoint a lapdog on a shoestring budget and give him a small portion of the money acquired from the sale of Harry Kane to try and plaster over the gaping wound that will undoubtedly be left in our squad.

It is testimony to the manner in which Daniel has poisoned everything around him that no-one wishes to work under his leadership. We have a wonderful stadium, but sadly it stands as a solemn and currently silent reminder of what might have been had the same amount of effort and positivity been directed towards the building and development of the team as well.

My choice was, and still is Bielsa, but I just cannot see him willing to try and work with DL. These are dark days and with more to come. As supporters all we can do is the one thing we have become experts at in following this wonderful club. Hope !

Like it or not, a new manager has to work well with Levy and the other senior figures at the club. There needs to be a rapport there.

If a manager were really keen he'd have made sure to do his homework, have opinions on the squad, even youth players. Perhaps Ten Hag didn't do that or just generally didn't give a great impression

Like it or not, a new manager has to work well with Levy and the other senior figures at the club. There needs to be a rapport there.

If a manager were really keen he'd have made sure to do his homework, have opinions on the squad, even youth players. Perhaps Ten Hag didn't do that or just generally didn't give a great impression

That's half the problem right there. Levy should fuck off into the background and let football people run the club. He could start by getting a DoF.
Maybe he was blunt. Blunt works for me. Are Dutch farmers blunt? I can certainly tell you that Irish farmers are blunt.

An impression like

Levy "What's your view for the future of the club"

Hag "I'm like to buy..."

Levy "Let me stop you there. I get a bad impression from you"

Back
Top Bottom