Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
No top manager wants to come near this mess levy has created

We're going to be left with the likes of Potter and Martinez, absolute shambles
I think the intensity with which the ENIC out posse campaign needs to be turned up a notch.
No ambitious talented proven coach will touch us now. We may as paint "keep out" all over the stadium tbh.

Why? We rejected him:

Ali Gold had previously said the club had concerns whether he would be successful outside of the structure of Ajax and the meeting obviously heightened those concerns.

Ajax gives the manager a good structure. Levy gives the manager a bad structure. Levy wants a manager that will succeed despite the club’s lack of support.

Whoever comes in is going to have to be the biggest yes man that Levy can find and that we’ve ever employed . It’s that simple.
The work that is required on our squad is absolutely frightening.
Finding new homes for the likes of Lloris, Aurier, Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Lamela and Lucas, is going to be almost impossible in the current climate. And make no mistake, every single one of them players should be out the door. They’ve all been here long enough and have all proved time and time again that they are not good enough.

No manager with any sense of credibility will take the job when they know the majority of them players will still be here next season, and that the assistance they will receive from Levy in reshaping the squad to their liking will be poor at best.

Levy has been exposed to the world as the poisonous snake he is by how he treated Pochettino, how he appeared in that stupid fucking Amazon Mockumentary and also how he treated Mourinho, who whether we like it or not, will have plenty of friends and plenty of managers that still have the utmost respect for him in the wider football world.

It’s over for him, it really is. We are not going to become the European force he had hoped we would under his tenure. The sooner he realises this and himself and uncle Joe fuck off, the better for all concerned.

Starting to wonder if the club are going for someone unexpected. You have names like Gallardo, Lopetegui, Galtier all running successful teams but maybe a bit under the radar. Feels like we could end up with anyone, hopefully not Martinez

Lopetegui has Sevilla playing at a top level. They’re so fun to watch with all that skill and juego bonito.

Because a manager we didn't offer the job to, and nobody was particularly excited about prior to today, had his contract extended by 1 year by his current employers?
We couldn't offer a potentially good candidate a job because he wouldn't have been able to succeed under Levy.

This is the problem. It always has been and it will continue to be.
He holds us back because he wants control, be wants to run lean and he won't gamble.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is his first language? You said he can barely speak Dutch, and I didn't know if you were joking or not.
I was half joking. People from Twente, which is the Far East in our country, speak a certain dialect. So he speaks Dutch, but you can clearly hear what his roots are. Respect for him he succeeded in Amsterdam.

I've said I'd renew my season ticket no matter what as I wouldn't want to lose it.
But if we ended up with Southgate or Martinez I'd actually consider calling it a day until Enic go

Ajax gives the manager a good structure. Levy gives the manager a bad structure. Levy wants a manager that will succeed despite the club’s lack of support.

The Dutch League is essentially a player development league, and Ajax is fundamentally a player development club. It survives not by winning the trophies in the Netherlands, because there's no money there, but by developing players and selling them for big money. It's a good club to buy players from but not to get a manager from. A club couldn't function in the PL like Ajax does in the Eredivise.

Love a Bounty moment me. Taste of paradise innit

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Whoever comes in is going to have to be the biggest yes man that Levy can find and that we’ve ever employed . It’s that simple.
The work that is required on our squad is absolutely frightening.
Finding new homes for the likes of Lloris, Aurier, Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Lamela and Lucas, is going to be almost impossible in the current climate. And make no mistake, every single one of them players should be out the door. They’ve all been here long enough and have all proved time and time again that they are not good enough.

No manager with any sense of credibility will take the job when they know the majority of them players will still be here next season, and that the assistance they will receive from Levy in reshaping the squad to their liking will be poor at best.

Levy has been exposed to the world as the poisonous snake he is by how he treated Pochettino, how he appeared in that stupid fucking Amazon Mockumentary and also how he treated Mourinho, who whether we like it or not, will have plenty of friends and plenty of managers that still have the utmost respect for him in the wider football world.

It’s over for him, it really is. We are not going to become the European force he had hoped we would under his tenure. The sooner he realises this and himself and uncle Joe fuck off, the better for all concerned.

Sad thing is we aren’t far away from a fix. We have a huge bloated squad, we could sell 5-10 players for fees and wage reductions and still have including retuning Skipp and Sess a large team.

Similar to what happened when Poch arrived. Problem is none trusts Levy not to haggle over sales and keep the players we need to move on to make space. Any manager coming in needs to know he will be backed not just in who he buys but who he wants out.

We couldn't offer a potentially good candidate a job because he wouldn't have been able to succeed under Levy.

This is the problem. It always has been and it will continue to be.
He holds us back because he wants control, be wants to run lean and he won't gamble.

I would argue that he does gamble, but on the cheap. For example, prefers to replace a top player with an unproven and untested one because the price is right.

I think ten Hag would have been good for us, and I'm sad we'll never know, but there are other good options out there, and I will be ok with them. Potter would be my go-to choice now, but several others would make a lot of sense.

The Dutch League is essentially a player development league, and Ajax is fundamentally a player development club. It survives not by winning the trophies in the Netherlands, because there's no money there, but by developing players and selling them for big money. It's a good club to buy players from but not to get a manager from. A club couldn't function in the PL like Ajax does in the Eredivise.

What’s wrong with a manager that is elite at developing players? How were Ajax doing before ten Hag?

Back
Top Bottom