Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
If Southgate ended up our manager I'd barely be able to face watching us play. I fully believe he'd have us in a relegation battle.

I wouldn't be excited about Benitez but at least I think he is actually capable of being a decent manager.

True although he is a far far superior manager. He has nearly always succeeded where he has gone but can be boring, not Jose boring (his Liverpool team was ok to watch) but still boring.
Both Jose and Benitez are pragmatists, but still different.

Jose will bitch and moan to kingdom come and play defensive just because. Rafa is much more willing to work with what he has as he showed at Newcastle.

The tipping point for him and Ashley was if I remember correctly that Ashley not only didn't back him in the market, but also refused to invest in the academy so that he could supplement his squad that way.

Rafa would not be ideal but if we got him I would get behind him.

Surely you (all of us) would get behind whoever is named (excluding obvious non-starters like Steve Bruce or Sol Campbell)? The alternative involves actively seeking to take no pleasure from following Spurs...
Of course. Aside from the most tribalist of elements in the fanbase I think most of us would back whoever comes in.

There's been some voices writing some names off because of past allegiances. Both on here and on other platforms. I assume that most of them would actually back the new boss tho rather than actively dislike the club.

Giving it to Mason full time would be a massive error. Every poor sub, every defeat he would have being an inexperienced novice chucked back at him. First poor run he would be under immense pressure. It could kill his career before it even started. Personally i dont want him even in the new managers backroom team, they should be allowed their own choices like Poch had. Best for Masons career if he starts div 1 or div 2 and hopefully we'd see him back in a few years.
All the reasons not to have Parker apply here top. Teeth need to be cut first.

I'm not sure which would be more embarrassing, Southgate or Mason

Both are horrible options and if they are being considered our management is even more clueless than I thought

Hope its true

>Hitchen is seemingly in charge of scouting managers
>'Hey maybe we can save some dosh and just give it to Mason'

tumblr_mjr8lcqNJL1ryt7ogo1_400.gif

I'd go so far as to say Benitez is a step backwards. It's sideways at a minimum compared to where we were with Jose.

I never want to be negative on someone before they even step in the door, but my god would it be an absolute buzz kill to have him come in. I think I would just check out a little bit.

Can someone who's seen alot of Allegri's Juve and Milan give some analysis as to how defensive he is? I just find it hard to believe you can win that many titles back to back by being so conservative especially with teams packed full of attacking talent.

Allegri is the kind of name that will make other stand up and take notice, i agree if he's not the right man fair enough, but it would be nice to see a bit of a breakdown on his style of football

Quick eg. in his last season at JUVE - played, Won, Drew, Lost, GF, GA, GD, Points

1Juventus (C)3829457727+5091

this doesn't look conservative or defensive

We are not and Italian giant like Juve, we don't have that dominance and winning history in our own league. If those stats were for an Italian team our equivalent, let's say Roma or Lazio then we should sit up and take notice

Southgate
Martinez
Mason
Benitez

Jesus Christ - it just smacks of the board at THFC being absolute clueless in footballing matters.....

FFS chuck Hodgson in there and we've got a right rogues gallery.

If there really is no one out there available then give it to Eddie Howe. I'd rather we gamble on someone like him than any of the other names mentioned.

Fiasco

We are not and Italian giant like Juve, we don't have that dominance and winning history in our own league. If those stats were for an Italian team our equivalent, let's say Roma or Lazio then we should sit up and take notice

if it's so easy to manage Juve because they're such "Giants" Why is Pirlo doing so poorly?

I think it's fair to say we are adjusting for the level of our club and our league by not expecting Allegri to win five titles, four cups, and make the Champions League final twice in five years here. Agreed, that's an unreasonable expectation with us not being Juve, fair play.

Southgate
Martinez
Mason
Benitez

Jesus Christ - it just smacks of the board at THFC being absolute clueless in footballing matters.....

FFS chuck Hodgson in there and we've got a right rogues gallery.

If there really is no one out there available then give it to Eddie Howe. I'd rather we gamble on someone like him than any of the other names mentioned.

Fiasco
None of them mentioned in your post

Bunch of has beens, never haves or never wills!

Back
Top Bottom