Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Signing “world class players” is not the solution to our problem. We thought we spent £60m on a world class midfielder and it turns out he’s Huddlestone level at best.

We need to do what we did in the recent past, what Leicester are doing now. Sign younger, hungry talents. Fofana, Maddison, Iheanacho, Tielemans, Castagne etc didn’t need to be world class to put Leicester in the top 4 and an FA Cup final.

People sneered when we were linked to Championship player Jack Grealish 3 years ago but they look pretty stupid now. All our recent transfer success has come from signing younger players right before they explode. Every time we have spent a large fee it has failed.
We definitely need to sit down and nail our club identity. Do we want to be a club that buys young and promising and develop them into stars? Or do we want to try and bomb our way into being a "destination club" instead?

The former seems the more reasonable approach. Our finances are nowhere near close enough to be able to swing in the same price range as the real big dogs on a consistent basis yet and won't be for a while. So it would probably be better to take the "Dortmund approach" for lack of a better word.

Develop youngsters, buy low, sell high, play entertaining football and like Dortmund this year when presented with a chance at a title, be it league or cup, go for it.

We definitely need to sit down and nail our club identity. Do we want to be a club that buys young and promising and develop them into stars? Or do we want to try and bomb our way into being a "destination club" instead?

The former seems the more reasonable approach. Our finances are nowhere near close enough to be able to swing in the same price range as the real big dogs on a consistent basis yet and won't be for a while. So it would probably be better to take the "Dortmund approach" for lack of a better word.

Develop youngsters, buy low, sell high, play entertaining football and like Dortmund this year when presented with a chance at a title, be it league or cup, go for it.

This goes the same for the team on the pitch. We have such a mish mash of players that don't seem to fit into any formation or style. My hope is under the new manager we can get back to having a clear identity/plan on the pitch.

I am not a Bielsa fan but at least if he came in there would be no doubt about how we would play or switching our formations week by week. I imagine some of this is due to the above mentioned issues and especially Levy just buying individuals with zero thought to how they fit with the club overall but we so clearly need a overall plan that works together to make decisions long term and with a macro view of the club not just if we can get a guy for a cut rate price.

Parker's name seems to be mentioned more and more. I really wouldn't be surprised if he gets it.
I know the last few years have been rife with incompetence at all levels in the club, but I can't see them being quite that dumb. Would be an awful appointment.

I know the last few years have been rife with incompetence at all levels in the club, but I can't see them being quite that dumb. Would be an awful appointment.

Awful is probably stronger than what I would say but it certainly seems like a hiring with a very low ceiling. I think he could keep us cruising along at 6th place and improve our play (to watch) from under Jose but I wouldn't expect us to be challenging for CL or winning trophies.

I think if he had played 50 games for Liverpool instead of us he wouldn't even be considered.

Prefer Rafa to Martinez but it’s a shit choice imv

So the first team player likely to leave
Dier?

To Roma

🤞
Aurier to PSG. Yeah definitely Rafa over Martinez. Like, he'd probably drill the team well and we'd have a pretty good season under Rafa. It's not very exciting but the reality of it would be competence at the very least.

Aurier to PSG. Yeah definitely Rafa over Martinez. Like, he'd probably drill the team well and we'd have a pretty good season under Rafa. It's not very exciting but the reality of it would be competence at the very least.
Not a long term project though

Back
Top Bottom