Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Let’s be honest lads, why would naglesman leave an almost perfect football organisation to work with levy and the geezer who’s head scout but hates doing his job and rather flirt with the coffee lady?

Just don’t tell him. Show him the flashy stadium and training ground surrounded by attractive models from miss world.

Last edited:
Picked him on a different thread but Leonardo Jardim for me
Jardim is honestly not a bad shout. His first run with Monaco was very fun to watch. He's been awol since his second spell ended so he should be available since I cannot see that he has a job right now.

He knows how to work with younger players as well and had a decent relationship with Luis Campos if want to try and get him in as DOF.

Since we are linking Tifo videos:

Let’s be honest lads, why would naglesman leave an almost perfect football organisation to work with levy and the geezer who’s head scout but hates doing his job and rather flirt with the coffee lady?

I think he may see that he has hit the ceiling with RB and this is likely as good as it gets for them, which isn't bad but how likely is it they overtake Bayern or go much further in the CL.

Now perhaps there could be the same concerns at Spurs with our likelihood to overtake City or go much further than the round of 16 in the CL but with us it is a new challenge, there is reports of him wanting to live in London and if he comes in and get us back to a Poch level then he would likely have his pick of jobs or perhaps he sees the new stadium, sees the PL money and thinks there is a better chance to win here.

There is a lot of smoke around him wanting to come here from Germany and England, maybe it is all BS but it seems like that would have come out by now if it were the case. I guess it also could be leaked by his side to generate more leverage with other clubs as well.

Sure Potter is a risk but as we have seen with anyone mentioned there is reasons to crap on any manager. I don't see any reason why he would struggle with the move to us, he has shown he is not reliant on talent and this season I think he has shown a much better ability to adapt in game than he had previously.

I do think it is funny that we have some crapping on potential managers for being to small for us and others crapping on some for being too big for us. Seems like there is no manager that is a fit so we'll have to make some compromise somewhere.

Although surprised someone said they didn't see a good fit. Nagelsmann, Ten Haag and Potter seem like great options and Parker while not ideal not a bad shot either.

I am not a fan of Allegri but it wouldn't be a terrible choice either, I just don't see this being the right time or fit for him and worry we would take too many short cuts to appease him wanting to compete faster.

I went for Ten Hag. Nagesmann would be good but something about Leipzig getting well done by a deeply flawed Liverpool over two legs has swung it.

An interesting choice. Why?
I'm not the one who first mentioned him. But if he could replicate his first Monaco run I think that he would tick a lot of boxes for most Spurs fans.

I posted a tactical analysis video in an earlier post that showed how his first Monaco team played if that is of interest.

Tbf I was looking into managers who were free now rather than waiting til the end of the season.

Won titles in Greece (with Olympiakos so not that impressive) but then with Monaco (much more impressive).

Even when sacked, Monaco went on to do worse

He got sacked because Monaco sold Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Moutinho, Fabinho, Bernhard Mendy, Thomas Lemar, Bakayoko and Tielemans (even though he didn’t rate the latter) over 2 summer windows. Anyone would struggle losing that kind of talent. Yes Henry did even worse after replacing Jardim

I guess it was easy for Jardim to look good with that pool of players. Monaco did bring Jardim back again where he showed nothing. In fact it was mind boggling how he wouldn’t faze out Kamil Glik who had absolutely lost the plot. I don't think Jardim would be our guy

He got sacked because Monaco sold Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Moutinho, Fabinho, Bernhard Mendy, Thomas Lemar, Bakayoko and Tielemans (even though he didn’t rate the latter) over 2 summer windows. Anyone would struggle losing that kind of talent. Yes Henry did even worse after replacing Jardim

I guess it was easy for Jardim to look good with that pool of players. Monaco did bring Jardim back again where he showed nothing. In fact it was mind boggling how he wouldn’t faze out Kamil Glik who had absolutely lost the plot. I don't think Jardim would be our guy
This was also when Campos had left his position as Monaco sporting director and before they got Paul Mitchell in as their new and current one (remember him?) and their recruitment was all over the place and the club as a whole were spiralling downward..

His second spell was not good but he came back way too early when almost all of the problems that were there when he left were still there. I think that it is more fair to look at his first 4 year spell than his second less than a year long one for a clearer picture of him.

I'm tentatively optimistic about a possible Jardim appointment because with the right backing and patience he could build a fun side to watch.

Selected none of the above.

Nobody is getting a tune out of this lot, they even turned a man who always wins trophies and succeeds in his 2nd season at every club he's ever been at into a loser. He looks as beaten as I feel.

Not that he is absolved from his share of the blame, but this is about more than just a manager.

We need to get the Spursy out of this club somehow, perform an exorcism or something because I'm sick and tired of the club being a meme.

Selected none of the above.

Nobody is getting a tune out of this lot, they even turned a man who always wins trophies and succeeds in his 2nd season at every club he's ever been at into a loser. He looks as beaten as I feel.

Not that he is absolved from his share of the blame, but this is about more than just a manager.

We need to get the Spursy out of this club somehow, perform an exorcism or something because I'm sick and tired of the club being a meme.
Someone get Kyrie Irwing to fly over and burn some sage in the stadium.

No idea who that is, but I'm willing to entertain anything as an option right now.
American basketball player in the NBA. He's part native American so when he returned to Boston to face his former team earlier this season he caught headlines for walking around the stadium burning sage to "remove negativity".

He's a bit of a specimen. Likes to think that he is the smartest man in the room and such.

In order: Nagelsmann, Potter, Hassenhuttl.

Parker would be worth a shout in a few years assuming we get Nagelsmann and he moves to Bayern, but I don't think he's shown enough to make the leap just yet.

Back
Top Bottom