Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why not for us?

Poch was a nobody before coming to us.

I'm not saying Howe should come in but with 10k crowd at Bournemouth and a shoestring budget. They played decent football and stayed up for a few seasons when no one gave them a chance. He's done a pretty good job I would say.
It’s overlooked that Howe spent a lot of money at Bournemouth, and that those transfers were horrid on the whole.

I could write more but in short be very disappointed if he got the job.

You can’t sign up to the most exclusive footballing pantomime which will see us shitting money out of every orifice and then sign....Eddie Howe.

I imagine it will be all on the young German lad and if that doesn’t work, Sarri.

I see that the loathsome David Hytner over at The Guardian reckons that Roberto Martínez is very well thought of within the club.

I could live with that, I've got a lot of time for him. Probably in a minority mind

I see that the loathsome David Hytner over at The Guardian reckons that Roberto Martínez is very well thought of within the club.

I could live with that, I've got a lot of time for him. Probably in a minority mind
Out of all the national team managers I think he would be the best option. Not ideal, but the best.

Certainly better than Southgate.

He drove Everton fans mad with his hooray for everything post match conferences. Even after getting thrashed by 3 or 4 he'd come out and say 'positive aspects ' and the defence after his first season there was woeful. Not for me but this is the concern, if we don't get Naglesmann or Rodgers.

I have thought it might be him for a while and I’m not keen. I hope it is Nagelsmann but he’s going to chose Bayern over us.

I wonder how much all this super league nonsense will impact it.

I have thought it might be him for a while and I’m not keen. I hope it is Nagelsmann but he’s going to chose Bayern over us.

I wonder how much all this super league nonsense will impact it.
I don't think it will be a national team manager.

We have a big national tournament coming up in the summer and no sensible manager is going to take a job just before the tournament after the Lopetegui fiasco.

Getting Martinez would mean waiting until after the tournament is over. Which Levy probably wouldn't do. I could see Martinez as a third or fourth option.

I don't think it will be a national team manager.

We have a big national tournament coming up in the summer and no sensible manager is going to take a job just before the tournament after the Lopetegui fiasco.

Getting Martinez would mean waiting until after the tournament is over. Which Levy probably wouldn't do. I could see Martinez as a third or fourth option.

Good point. He will want one in ASAP.

Rodgers too expensive, Nagelsmann off to Bayern probably, it’s a hard one. The options don’t seem that attractive to me.

Why not for us?

Poch was a nobody before coming to us.

I'm not saying Howe should come in but with 10k crowd at Bournemouth and a shoestring budget. They played decent football and stayed up for a few seasons when no one gave them a chance. He's done a pretty good job I would say.
You ask ‘why not for us’
Then you answer it by saying that he kept Bournemouth up for a few seasons and, in your opinion, played decent football

We need more than Eddie ‘Nice Guy’ Howe

I still wonder if Nagelsmann would take the Bayern job. You can look at his rise from 1899 Hoffenheim to RB Leipzig and believe that his natural progression after being in Europe and putting together a decent team (even with his own tactics offset somewhat by the RB Ball culture that Ragnick has formed) is probably Bayern. But I've heard/read/possibly plucking from thin air that he isnt interested in one of the top top jobs yet....

So why not come to us and show off his often horrendous pitch side attire.

Votes for Potter are a joke, surely? He’s been at Brighton a while and they’re still relegation fodder. No thanks.

Frankly, no options really excite me. It all seems pointless. Levy hasn’t got a clue about footballing decisions so, even with the best hire, we’ll rinse-repeat a la Poch until a change at the top.

I do like Scotty P as he’s got some good things going on with a squad of total garbage.

I’d have brought in Harry in January and got some positivity in the dressing room. We’d still be in the two meaningful cups of we’d done that. Rumbelows Cup is a shambles and the prize of 3rd tier Conference football says it all.
Yep. Until levy goes there's a low ceiling whoever the new manager is. Before you begin you have levy restricting you, interfering, overbearing, controlling, adding unnecessary distractions, & not backing or supporting you.
Then when it doesn't work out we blame the manager & praise good old levy for sacking him.

I don't care if Ryan Mason wins every single game from now until the end of the season we still need a new manager

The guy is 29yrs old. 0 experience. He needs time in his career to learn.
Hope he does well and then takes a smaller role at the club until he's gained the experience.

Back
Top Bottom