Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I find it insane people have reservations about Conte he's the biggest name out there! young, successful, players like him, great tactician, great man manager.

I get the whole "Oh but Levy blah blah blah"

few things

1. Levy needs the team to be successful on the pitch first and foremost.
2. Levy has spent money in the past - just poorly - we spent all the Bale money, we spent big on Bergwijn, Sanchez, Lo Celso, Sess and Ndombele - these are all 30-55M players. we actually have a fcking massive squad!
3. Some coaches and managers actually get on quite well with Levy - mourinho says he bought him a great squad and never once criticized him. Pochettino even said they were mates and had a great working relationship - Levy also offered players to Poch who Poch rejected - Tielmeans was one.

so have some faith people, if we can get Conte it's a no brainer!

Jesus, I'll be singing from the rooftops and it tells Kane - "Look, we're fucking serious here!"

I find it insane people have reservations about Conte he's the biggest name out there! young, successful, players like him, great tactician, great man manager.

I get the whole "Oh but Levy blah blah blah"

few things

1. Levy needs the team to be successful on the pitch first and foremost.
2. Levy has spent money in the past - just poorly - we spent all the Bale money, we spent big on Bergwijn, Sanchez, Lo Celso, Sess and Ndombele - these are all 30-55M players. we actually have a fcking massive squad!
3. Some coaches and managers actually get on quite well with Levy - mourinho says he bought him a great squad and never once criticized him. Pochettino even said they were mates and had a great working relationship - Levy also offered players to Poch who Poch rejected - Tielmeans was one.

so have some faith people, if we can get Conte it's a no brainer!

Jesus, I'll be singing from the rooftops and it tells Kane - "Look, we're fucking serious here!"

I am sorry but we would need a serious change from Levy and Lewis here. Conte gets pissed off at much freer spending clubs/boards than us, we had better be prepared to season in season out match the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea on spending and transfers or this could go south quickly.

Conte is a better manager than Jose IMO but people have reservations for similar reasons and they are good fucking reasons. No more player haggling, we buy the best, we sell even if we make a loss. A total change in approach.

An argument for Conte is that he's likely to appeal to Kane. That could be a consideration for the board, and a reason why we're hesitant to take the plunge with Potter or other lesser names. Levy doesn't have to sell Kane, but he does need to find a way to keep him motivated.

Still Conte is not the Poch-esque manager we've been led to believe Levy is looking for, so it seems unlikely, or if true a bit desperate.

Personally I think no point in Conte unless you give him the players to compete. We're better off hiring someone with a bit more patience, who can develop our younger players.

Yeh but Levy doesn’t change does he. If Conte makes him he will have done something no-one else not even angry Jose has done. It is more likely Levy will spin a story to Conte then when the crunch comes to take a hit on player sales or buy big and buy early he does his normal tight arse show then it explodes and Conte leaves or gets sacked mid season.

There is a reason Poch worked with us and it’s the same reason the likes of Ten Hag or Potter would probably work with us. Conte is a better manager than both of them but better fit, probably not with Levy and Joe Lewis.

The good thing is Conte will almost certainly voice his frustration.
Part of me wants an explosion to take place and some yes man isn't going to do it.
Levy has become a dictator at the club and we need to start the movement to have him removed.

Conte? Yeah I'd have him.

Meme Reaction GIF

Why do you guys even bother posting that SC bullshit?

Hercules is a fucking twat

Yeah, I would say that it could be funny, but this situation with the new manager has taken so much time it's not even fun anymore.

Back
Top Bottom