Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Luckily I was all aboard the Fonseca train since before Jose was sacked.

Choo choo!

Mr Bean Holiday GIF by Working Title

:coys:

Yeah, I totally respect that. I just wanted to explain that people aren't really responding to the thread title, this has become a franken-thread for all sorts of shit and now it's a 'who is more likely/who do I support' vote.
Ideally I'd want Conte, and millions to spend on world class players. As it isn't going to happen I felt my vote was just sitting on Conte wasted.

So now I've torn myself away from that sort of managerial appointment, The Fonz wasn't even on the list when I first voted, had he been, i'd have put him behind Conte and few others.

My take on it is who do you most want (out of the available managers) Most on the list are now not available to us.

Last edited:
Can’t believe you’ve overlooked. Elijah. The guy was a proper dude. Beat his opponents, humiliated them, slaughtered them. And was a prophet with the backing of God. He’s basically what we need now. But you’ve stuck him with the U23s. #Spursy
Sorry. You're right of course. What's his ×G?

I don't see a better option than Fonseca out of the remaining available managers....

I would still support the team if Campbell was manager but I think he'd be the worst option on the list, worse than Parker, worse than Southgate.

I think Fonzie is genuinely a good manager for us, I want him out of who seems to be available, I think some posters are against Fonseca because they think it's just Levy being a tight cunt.

I think he's good, I think Levy or our DoF has made a good choice considering we can't afford Conte etc etc... I now want Fonzie to be our manager, I want to support him and the board/DoF with that choice, I think it's a good choice.

I'm not on this anything but a renowned world class manager is a failure, if anything Fonzie is quite like Poch. It's not his fault that Roma didn't support him.

If he comes to Spurs with boos and hisses, and fails, well, that's just what the boo'rs deserve, but please don't fuck it up for those of us who want him and want to display our support for a realistically good choice.

I don't see a better option than Fonseca out of the remaining available managers....

I would still support the team if Campbell was manager but I think he'd be the worst option on the list, worse than Parker, worse than Southgate.

I think Fonzie is genuinely a good manager for us, I want him out of who seems to be available, I think some posters are against Fonseca because they think it's just Levy being a tight cunt.

I think he's good, I think Levy or our DoF has made a good choice considering we can't afford Conte etc etc... I now want Fonzie to be our manager, I want to support him and the board/DoF with that choice, I think it's a good choice.

I'm not on this anything but a renowned world class manager is a failure, if anything Fonzie is quite like Poch. It's not his fault that Roma didn't support him.

If he comes to Spurs with boos and hisses, and fails, well, that's just what the boo'rs deserve, but please don't fuck it up for those of us who want him and want to display our support for a realistically good choice.
undecided GIF

I honestly have no idea any more. I agree with a lot of the criticism of the owners, but some of it is naive. I think the Conte links were well-timed and you don't have to be a cynical bastard like me to see that it worked out very well for ST sales. That's a slappable offence for starters.

Fonseca is a cheap option, no doubt. Will it work? Nobody knows, but we'll be fortunate if it does. I'm not a muggable, support-regardless type of supporter, I'm a 'you fucked up, now fix it' type of supporter, so we'll see if they do.

Side note: The sustainability thing is admirable if true, but I'm starting to doubt it. Looks like we won't know for sure until a few years have passed, so really hoping this works out, because we haven't had enough success to ride another 2-3 years of banter from chavs and goons.

I bet if I looked there would be comments from you and others who change their vote to the effect Fonseca shouldn't even be considered.

And we shouldn't be limiting our search to who is available. It should be who is best and we can get. Many of those aren't "available"

I see Scotty Parker is rumoured to be leaving Fulham. The talk is he is on his way to Bournemouth but who knows someone might be lurking in the bushes ready to hijack ........:levyeyes:

undecided GIF

I honestly have no idea any more. I agree with a lot of the criticism of the owners, but some of it is naive. I think the Conte links were well-timed and you don't have to be a cynical bastard like me to see that it worked out very well for ST sales. That's a slappable offence for starters.

Fonseca is a cheap option, no doubt. Will it work? Nobody knows, but we'll be fortunate if it does. I'm not a muggable, support-regardless type of supporter, I'm a 'you fucked up, now fix it' type of supporter, so we'll see if they do.

Side note: The sustainability thing is admirable if true, but I'm starting to doubt it. Looks like we won't know for sure until a few years have passed, so really hoping this works out, because we haven't had enough success to ride another 2-3 years of banter from chavs and goons.
I'm not just blindly supporting Fonseca's appointment because it's the right thing to do as a Spurs fan. I want us to be a possession based attacking team.

Our goal next season is probably now Europa cup position. Maybe CL position the year after. I don't care what the Gooners do, I just want to see an upward turn and good football, and for us to creep back up the PL. I'm not expecting Fonseca to come in and we start thrashing everyone.

I guess his option for 3rd year extended contract is for us to be either winning a domestic trophy or be in CL position at the end of the season after the forthcoming one.

I bet if I looked there would be comments from you and others who change their vote to the effect Fonseca shouldn't even be considered.

And we shouldn't be limiting our search to who is available. It should be who is best and we can get. Many of those aren't "available"
I didn't know much about him when his name first came up, since I have done some research and I like him.

Back
Top Bottom