Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ally Gold isn't ruling ten Hag out, but his comments make it seem a real long shot. I thought he was the surprise guy, but it seems its Conte at the top and then Poch. I'd be extremely happy with Conte.

Ally Gold talks absolute smack. He’s hasn’t a clue.

I watched his latest YouTube video and my God was that an hour I’ll never get back. Just literally going through every candidate saying “I don’t think it’s them but it coulddd be, you never know”
Guys an absolute spoofer.

All the info from reliable journalists point to it being ten Hag. The fact he’s still being linked so heavily too despite the contract extension makes me think there HAS to be something in it....

As for Conte, I think he’s undoubtedly a world class manager, but I just cannot comprehend how he and Levy would work together, I really cant....

Ally Gold talks absolute smack. He’s hasn’t a clue.

I watched his latest YouTube video and my God was that an hour I’ll never get back. Just literally going through every candidate saying “I don’t think it’s them but it coulddd be, you never know”
Guys an absolute spoofer.
The master of using a lot of words to say nothing.

Decent journo with obvious ties to the club. But he just peddles the same info again and again as to not ruing that connection.

When was the last manager from the Dutch league a success here?

1.) Ruud Gullit (Chelsea and Newcastle)
2.) Martin Jol (Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham)
3.) Guus Hiddink (Chelsea)
4.) Rene Meulensteen (Fulham)
5.) Louis van Gaal (Manchester United)
6.) Ronald Koeman (Southampton and Everton)
7.) Dick Advocaat (Sunderland)
8.) Frank de Boer (Crystal Palace)

In recent years they've not had a good record, they bossed their league but were pretty underwhelming here. That isn't to say Ten Hag won't be a success but he's not done it in a 'real' league yet.

I personally think he is the safe option. Clam and collected, speaks English, unlikely to rock the boat. A little uninspiring.

I've put a couple of quid on the following:

1.) Ten Hag
2.) Low
3.) Conte

Ten Hag
Low
Conte

#Spursy

Pretty sure he'll get us into a relegation fight and need to be sacked by March, since he can't coach a defense to save his life.

Fit right in with us then. Unless we sign a few good defenders there's no point even trying to polish a turd like Mourinho did. Right now we've sunk so low I'll take us just attacking and playing with the freedom we used to. Anything on top of that will just be a bonus.

When salary numbers start getting put out I think it could be genuine. Anyone know if La Stampa is reliable?

Pretty reliable, as reliable a transfer news can be at this stage. However, I checked this morning, and it's the only Italian newspaper that mentions it. I didn't find any news on the three main Sports newspapers (which are good but also have more BS at the same time)
My pure guess is that there has been some contact, but nothing more than that

15-20 million lira.
No way are we offering that kind of wage having just been rinsed by that turd Mourihno for massive coin.
GUNS N ROSES ARE BACK BABY!

gnr-2.jpg
giphy.gif

I'm 80% sure it's going to be Martinez. Might be someone decent enough to steady the ship and get us playing in the right way again, if nothing else.

I know Everton fans didn't like Martinez but then they are scousers so that is probably an endorsement.

He had a 42.7% win record there over 143 games. They sacked him when they were 12th with one game left after reaching the semi finals of both cups.

They have spent several hundred million pounds on players since and came 10th with a win percentage of 44.7.

Treading water at best. Another team that see us as some sort of rival because they were 'big in the 80s'

Back
Top Bottom