Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
conjecture with no supporting evidence...especially since we are comparing him to an equally talented player that didn't, in fact, go on loan. Pretty big assertion in this context.

Yes it was conjecture, but assuming it was wrong, the other option (other than loan) is stay and play, like Foden. I don't have an issue with either of those options. It's when none of those options (inc sale) are used that I have an issue, and was my issue with Poch.

And that's the point, again. Regardless of my views, it's my criticism of Poch that you always seemed to take issue with, but I repeat, if Poch rated those players (even if he rated but wasn't 100% sure) he needed to to do one of two things, play them or ship them somewhere where they can, or at the very least let them play U23 games, if he didn't rate them then he shouldn't be keeping them around.

He did none of those things. That was my issue in those specific cases.

But those players weren't good enough and eventually sold.

No problem. Never a problem. Loan system working for parent club and player. Same as it does for all clubs, eg Chelsea great example.

How do you know it's his 'core value'? And the players, by reports, were rebelling against the work and showing clear signs or mailing it in during leagues games and busting their asses during CL.

But that's my point again. Player phoning it in, then fuck him, bench him and use one of the kids who'll run all day and press like a silly cunt. If nothing else it will kick said player up arse.

Good point but unlike the time he did it in 2015ish there just weren't enough players to do that with. And he still had top 4 to get. Had DL bitten the bullet and said "Poch, we are going nowhere this season and evidence shows you were right about the painful rebuild (and I don't want to be in this same fucking place 2 seasons from now!!!!) so forget about top 4 this season and focus on building for the future and we will revamp next summer. You've earned it and I now see the error of my parsimonious and ****y ways" then perhaps he would have done this. Decisions in the fog of war are rarely optimal. But you seem hellbent on faulting him for it. I bet you can see how much easier it would have been for him to make that decision had he had support at the time in the manner I jsut laid out.

There are lots of things I wasn't happy with Levy about and have called them. But that doesn't absolve Poch for his mistakes.

New member here, been banned twice from the other site for calling out Hercules by screenshotting everything he'd said during a transfer window and showing how EVERYTHING he says is fantasy, the guy is clearly disturbed yet they worship him, today when he announced that he's been told what Pochs tactics are going to be was my all time personal favourite, 100% pushing for Ten Hag and then 8 minutes later when someone else said we ain't he said it was just his opinion 🙄. Anyway the slagging off of this forum on there pointed me in this direction

EJIUlxD.jpg

As far as I see it, this seems to summarize the TFC/SC relationship...

How both TFC & SC see themselves:
DZt1wsIWsAA9QfR.jpg

How SC see TFC:
weapons.jpg

How TFC see SC:
CbplprbUYAABcZa.jpg

Poch has already said that he will come back to the Club some day. There is a good chance we can get him again and the opportunity is likely to come up again. Possibly even next summer. When are we going to get the opportunity to get a manager like Conte again?

Genuine question, how does anyone on spurschat believe the ITK stuff whatsoever? I just had a read through, and these are direct quotes.

Herecules on Monday:
Not Poch!
Poch for various reasons, may want to come back. But that can’t happen for now.

Hercules 48 hours later:
If?’ It is Poch
It is as good as agreed and nearly done it is Poch🙈

Hercules on Monday:
Conte not option!

Hercules 48 hours later:
Conte contacted us! And the vibes are he thought we were very keen.
Conte has offered himself to us, and could happen

They all collectively forget all the incorrect stuff these liars/fantasists/attention seekers spout and lean heavily on that one time they guessed which story in the media was right.
It's either a joined up effort with all of them in on it to screw the pea brained fans on there out of money, or the people that run SC are so fucking thick they allow these liars a soapbox for attention.
There really are more compulsive liars in the world than most people realise. Some believe their own shit too.

Levy fired Mourinho weeks and weeks ago and still doesn’t have a clue what to do, going through the emotions of what other clubs do and what managers are available. There’s no clear target, no clear type of manager and football. What a fucking mess. He knows fuck all about football. Glorified accountant.

Levy fired Mourinho weeks and weeks ago and still doesn’t have a clue what to do, going through the emotions of what other clubs do and what managers are available. There’s no clear target, no clear type of manager and football. What a fucking mess. He knows fuck all about football. Glorified accountant.
If Poch calls you up to feel out coming back to the club, you can’t just say “you aren’t on Hitchen’s shortlist” and hang up.

It's getting embarrassing now, I agree. Complete shambles. Conte resigned and Inter have replaced him with Inzaghi within 24 hours. And they're utterly skint.

Back
Top Bottom