Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe their fabled XG count is so high because he's instructed his players not to take chances from range, not to try anything audacious and to only shoot when there's a higher probability of hitting the target.
Maybe that inflates the Xg compared to other teams who score a lot more because they have a crack more often.
It's weird that other teams seem to create more than a midfield in which Hojbjerg has our 3rd most assists in the League with 4, tied with Moura who only started 14 games.

They also seem to have a bit more joy creating chances crossing the ball for some reason, which they do more often than us as well as slightly better IMO.

It's almost like our creativity and delivery from set pieces has gotten worse since they flogged players like Eriksen and Trippier...

Still though all those numbers must just be about the manager picking the players rather than the players themselves, silly me.

This would be alright by me if it does happen. NO idea if the source is shit or not...

“One step away”

the step away

oll5.jpg

Sarri is much better than some of the other names being stumped for here. He's not my #1 choice, or even #3 choice, but he's much better than someone like Potter or Nuno.
We are Spurs. 8th richest club in the world. Why are we looking for the best of the worst?

I repeat......

We could've had Conté. For 3 Million pounds and a relatively modest transfer budget 100 million pounds, (twenty more than United payed for just Maguire) Levy said 'No'.

We were a FC with a Great heritage. We had a stadium payed up. We had pride and our players that would go to war for their gaffer and The Cockerel.

With ENIC in charge we are a FC that are tenants at our NFL stadium we owe millions on. We have no pride and our players throw their gaffers under the bus. The Cockerel is dying a Sad Death.

And to anyone that blames the managers. Doherty has made it clear who carries blame for where we are.

To start don’t just think of him as an Ajax system guy. He cut his teeth with Bayern II when pep was there and learned under him. He brings a version of pep ball with him but he’s shown a clear vision to adapt to his talent under that system.

At Ajax he has had both domestic and European success (Lucas aside, that’s was a great run for Ajax beating real and juve over 2 legs).

He’s worked with youth systems at Bayern and Ajax and at the latter was able to continuously incorporate youth players into his system while still winning, and turning over the squad.

I think he’s a great option for us BECAUSE I think ENIC sucks, and that isn’t easily changed. He will make current talent better and incorporate youth while playing fun and winning football.

would I prefer conte and this mythical huge investment in talent? Of course. But it doesn’t exist and ETH is by far the best option to work in our current setup.

he could be better than Poch.
This also leaves out his time in charge of Utrecht where he really raised the level there each season and got them into Europe. He's succeeded outside of the glittering systems of Bayern or Ajax.

But the core of the case is those three knockout round away legs in the 2019 Champions League when he lined his team up mano-a-mano at Real Madrid, Juve, and us and blew the fucking doors off of all three.

"To Dare Is To Do" isn't playing pretty one-twos against Brentford, it's having the balls to go guns blazing at the Bernabeu and living to tell the tale.

We are Spurs. 8th richest club in the world. Why are we looking for the best of the worst?

I repeat......

We could've had Conté. For 3 Million pounds and a relatively modest transfer budget 100 million pounds, (twenty more than United payed for just Maguire) Levy said 'No'.

We were a FC with a Great heritage. We had a stadium payed up. We had pride and our players that would go to war for their gaffer and The Cockerel.

With ENIC in charge we are a FC that are tenants at our NFL stadium we owe millions on. We have no pride and our players throw their gaffers under the bus. The Cockerel is dying a Sad Death.

And to anyone that blames the managers. Doherty has made it clear who carries blame for where we are.

We are asset rich not cash rich. The stadium was suppose to make us cash rich but Covid hit, we still could be cash rich but Uncle Joe Lewis won’t lend us money against future cash flows because he is a tight cunt.

We are asset rich not cash rich. The stadium was suppose to make us cash rich but Covid hit, we still could be cash rich but Uncle Joe Lewis won’t lend us money against future cash flows because he is a tight cunt.
We have a stadium worth millions but a FC that without Kane is worth Peanuts. How did we get there?

Levy and ENIC.

Back
Top Bottom