Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Potter, Parker, Rodgers, Gallardo, ten Hag, Poch. If we have to pay silly money to get one of them and a big budget to tempt them then do it.
Potter, Rodgers, Ten Hag are just impossible. Parker is unconvincing. Gallardo is a gamble that I'm willing to take personally, and Poch is the dream. I'd also add Valverde to that list.

I wonder how bookies do their manager odds - it's not as though they have huge amounts of consistent data to go on... For example at one major bookie:

Next Spurs manager favourite is Graham Potter at 3/1.
Yet on the next Newcastle manager list, Potter is only 16th favourite at 33/1.

Given the current situation at both clubs, is Potter really 10 times more likely to be next Spurs manager than next Newcastle manager? :/

Btw in case anyone is interested, Spurs favourites are as follows, in this order:
Potter
Rodgers
Howe
Conte

...not that it necessarily means much, as I said initially it's always a very unpredictable market... But the bookies certainly aren't falling over themselves to shorten Conte's odds, despite various media suggestions this morning. I suspect that they, like most of us, expect it either to be total fabricated bollocks, or expect Conte to laugh in Levy's face if the approach is true...

I wonder how bookies do their manager odds - it's not as though they have huge amounts of consistent data to go on... For example at one major bookie:

Next Spurs manager favourite is Graham Potter at 3/1.
Yet on the next Newcastle manager list, Potter is only 16th favourite at 33/1.

Given the current situation at both clubs, is Potter really 10 times more likely to be next Spurs manager than next Newcastle manager? :/

Btw in case anyone is interested, Spurs favourites are as follows, in this order:
Potter
Rodgers
Howe
Conte

...not that it necessarily means much, as I said initially it's always a very unpredictable market... But the bookies certainly aren't falling over themselves to shorten Conte's odds, despite various media suggestions this morning. I suspect that they, like most of us, expect it either to be total fabricated bollocks, or expect Conte to laugh in Levy's face if the approach is true...
Not sure if Roger is the one. Leicester are not looking particularly good ATM. I'd move him down the list.

What would be the point of Conte?

Conte isn't a "project" coach who'll come in, cheer the place up, work harmoniously with a DOF, buying and developing some reasonably priced ,young, promising players, moulding them over 2/3 years into a proactive, progressive team with a positive identity that we can all suck each other off about.

He's a fuck off everybody, my way or the fucking highway, give me the fucking tools now, get the job done and fuck off quickly type of guy. And we aren't that club.

Let's stop trying to pretend to be what we aren't. Go back to knowing what we are and recruit a manager that matches our resources and realistic ambitions.

Back
Top Bottom