Poll: Who is currently the best centre-back at Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vote Below

• Total voters
I believe Igula Igula has an opinion on this, or what cretinousgoat cretinousgoat ?

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

disney rage GIF

Toby by a mile but that is a problem.

As good as he has been we should be replacing him with better players not just guys who are younger.

Rodin may, hopefully, pass him at some point but as of now is not close at all.

When a 35-year old Toby on his last legs is the clear winner - tells you everything about the bald fraud’s sheer failure in establishing a clear scouting strategy for years now. Hate him! Out now!

1) Toby, best positional play, best at blocking shots, Love his passing, our best defender.

2) I’m going to get blasted but I’m probably the only Spurs fan on here with a Sanchez shirt, I thought he was going to really hit his stride last year but more than often had big mistakes. If he stays, I assume Foncesca will really work on his ability on the ball and decision making. Might really pay off.

Although, I might just need a new shirt.

:dawsonmean::mourfacepalm:

I like the look of Rodon a lot, I think he has a lot of talent and potential - but I also think he needs to step up.

Mostly mentally, take a bit of ownership - believe he deserves to be there.

I noticed a lot last season, he very much played the junior and deferred to the other CB a lot. Especially noticable with distribution, where he would shape to carry it forward, then check and pass back/side to the other CB.

I really want to see him play as an equal, not apprentice.

Hopefully this Euro experience, coupled with a clean slate - and games under his belt last year - can lead him to step up this coming season.

In terms of proven it’s obviously Toby but it’s clear Rodon is extremely talented and has everything to be a top line Prem CB. His use last season by both Jose and Mason was pathetic given our problems, I will give Jose credit in that he started using him towards the end when it was clear he was miles better than Dier.

For now Toby, by the end of next season Rodon I would expect will be the better of the two.

I'm assuming our new coach, Fonseca or whomever, is watching our players in the Euros.

So this is a perfect opportunity for Rodon to introduce himself to the new boss & demonstrate he should be considered for a regular 1st team CB role next season. In other words, he's playing himself into contention.

If it's Fonseca, and we play with 3 CBs, Rodon's ability to play on the left will help his chances too.

Imagine selling Jan when these are the choices, still makes no sense to me when he was off form for 3 months

Especially when the entire squad can be off form for a year plus with no consequences

Never ever would have sold him

Imagine selling Jan when these are the choices, still makes no sense to me when he was off form for 3 months

Especially when the entire squad can be off form for a year plus with no consequences

Never ever would have sold him

He was out of contract....Didn't want a "one more year?" kind of rolling arrangement.

He was out of contract....Didn't want a "one more year?" kind of rolling arrangement.
Long time no speak mate hope all is well!

Just frustrating like everything else, that’s why I don’t give a toss anymore, super league the final straw, not even just a spurs thing, football hasn’t been enjoyable in some time

Long time no speak mate hope all is well!

Likewise, good sir!

Just frustrating like everything else, that’s why I don’t give a toss anymore, super league the final straw, not even just a spurs thing, football hasn’t been enjoyable in some time

In hear ya...... Amazed/confused that I'm still coming back for more tbh.

Back
Top Bottom