Popup / redirect adverts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tons of redirects on mobile while browsing tfc today on mobile. Have tested about a dozen different sites and tfc is the only one it is happening on.

I have and even after making the change it has become nearly unbrowsable on my phone because each time I load a page i get 6-8 notifications saying that a popup or redirect was blocked.
Weird. What browser are you using? I've just been browsing for a while on Chrome on mine and haven't seen any redirect adverts yet.

Finally finished clearing everything and no issues now.

Seems to have been related to something that was deleted which is odd because it only just began yesterday and I don't browse dodgy sites on my phone (unless you count TFC.) The only other sites I visited from phone yesterday were the website for the school I work at (no ads,) and the state youth football association site to see just how shitty my daughter's team is faring this season compared to other teams in their division.

And they are back.
Not really sure what to suggest. Ever since I made the change in the first post I've never seen another redirect advert in Chrome on Android. Just been browsing in an Incognito tab to see if it made any difference but still can't trigger one.

I'll try to troubleshoot more today, it's really odd that it only seems to be happening here. After I cleared everything away yesterday everything was fine for hours, but it is only happening here, and potentially only on the Tottenham Hotspur page of the forum... only noticed that last night.

Admin Admin getting loads of blocked pop ups and redirects today for some reason (using Chrome on Android)

Same here, getting spammed by angry birds!

Yea, it's ridiculous that Google let these sort of adverts through. There's loads of reports of it all over the web. All I can suggest is the fix from the first post but it's not really a "fix".

I've tried blocking some more sites but it's a bit like whack-a-mole!

Yea, it's ridiculous that Google let these sort of adverts through. There's loads of reports of it all over the web. All I can suggest is the fix from the first post but it's not really a "fix".

I've tried blocking some more sites but it's a bit like whack-a-mole!
It's weird most days fine but then one day u get the message of so many being blocked.
Don't show pop ups or get directed away from site since doing the "fix" a while back .

It's weird most days fine but then one day u get the message of so many being blocked.
Don't show pop ups or get directed away from site since doing the "fix" a while back .
Yea, I can see it happening myself. It was bad yesterday but I haven't seen it happen yet today. I guess Google must stop them until they manage to sneak through again.

Back
Top Bottom