Positives!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Deleted member 13260

Looking at this forum recently has been like picking at a scab.
All the negativity is loser mentality - so I would like a thread about the positives of Spurs!
I would prefer negative counter points about individuals, tactics, owners or whatever are posted in their appropriate threads.

There's a good chance this thread doesn't gain much traction because of the suffocating amounts of negativity going around - but I do believe (like all these sport mentality coaches preach with proven success) a positive mindset is required for success.

Feeling hard done by about Mike Dean away, 1st June, Toon at home, Colchester away, Tuesday night or whatever it may be - isn't going to help us or the players.

So lets have a look... some points can be taken with large pinches of salt or a massive tongue in cheek - but some positives;

- We have scored joint 3rd most goals in the league. 14 goals, only 4 behind Liverpool.

- A win against Brighton can put us 3rd. Leicester play Liverpool, and I'm not sure who are our closest league rivals right now - but one of them will drop points.

- We have the opportunity to record back to back league wins for the first time since April. That's a 12 game period without back to back league wins. We all know that momentum is key in football, and this fixture gives us the opportunity to get back on that track.

- Brighton have only scored 5 goals in the league this season (joint 2nd lowest and only 2 goals at home - 0 wins) - and we are desperate for a clean sheet for confidence. Last season we went there and got a 1-2 win, and feel a nice solid 0-2 or 0-3 could be absolutely crucial for our momentum and confidence. There's a lot of reasons to get behind the team for this one.

- Our last away win was Fulham in January. That's a lot of months, and from memory it was a Winks back post goal from a GKN cross in the last minutes! This weekend gives us pretty much the ideal platform to stop the rot. Of course we can do it! Break through the mental barriers and we can progress once again!

- Kane is on 7 in 9 so far this season. He is out of form, fitness, in a side not winning. That's what top class strikers do though. They keep chipping away. Fancy hit to bag a hatty against Brighton to sit on 10 in 10 going into the international break! This would put him on 8 in 8 in the league - joint top scorer! He has either a goal or an assist in each of his last 6 games.

- Sissoko - for all his lack of ability to pass, finds himself our joint highest for assists so far this season, on 2 alongside Son.

- Although we have a 43% win record in the league so far this season, Aurier (67%) far exceeds that! It's a shame he's missing huh? Ndombele has 60% - but Dier sits with 100% for the game he featured in! LETS START DIER!

- The game is at 12.30 tomorrow. So there's time to take the Mrs shopping after!

Coys!

Here's another one!

The good old 16-17 season..

We had 17 points after 7 games.
Currently we are on 11 points after 7 games - 6 points off that.

We then went on to have 21 points from 11 games.. (drew 4 in a row)

If we win 3 of our next 4, and pick up a point at Anfield - we are on 21 points from 11 games too!

Brighton (a), Watford (h), Liverpool (a), Everton (a)

I can see us doing that.. Are we on for a new record points total for the season??

I THINK SO GUYS AND GIRLS!
COME ON YOU SPURS!

Struggling with positives to be fair..

I would like to say to any of our travelling fans down there today - I heard you.

Tottenham 'till I die.

We have a lovely stadium
I don't have to try and stay awake to watch MOTD tonight.

I will try to serious for this one

Maybe, just maybe all the shit that is going to come our way will create a siege mentality.
That's it, can't think of anything else

COYS

We have a lovely stadium
I don't have to try and stay awake to watch MOTD tonight.

I will try to serious for this one

Maybe, just maybe all the shit that is going to come our way will create a siege mentality.
That's it, can't think of anything else

COYS

I suppose the more dramatic our defeats now, the time for change becomes more urgent huh.

coys- sad face

Positives

Nice stadium and facilities
Lots of money that will be generated from the nice stadium
Half a squad of decent players to work with.

Positives

Nice stadium and facilities
Lots of money that will be generated from the nice stadium
Half a squad of decent players to work with.

Yes the foundations are in place for a new manager and backroom team to come in, should that be the route we go down.

I believe more managers will be attracted to Spurs than was the case pre Poch.

Yes the foundations are in place for a new manager and backroom team to come in, should that be the route we go down.

I believe more managers will be attracted to Spurs than was the case pre Poch.

That is a very good point. Us getting to the CL final has certainly put us on the top table map.

Any new manager will have some good players to work with. I’d keep the below.

Keep (main players)

Kane
Son
Lucas
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Sessegnon
Winks
Sissoko
Verts (getting old but I don’t see us buying loads of CB’s)

Squad players to keep

Lamela
Davies
Foyth
Sanchez
Gazza
Parrott
Skipp
Tanganga

Sell/release

Eriksen
Toby
Rose
Aurier
KWP
Dier
Dele
Wanyama

Bayern are losing against a team I thought was a race track.

Hohoho they will be the butt of all jokes now!

Plus nfl football
I haven't been this excited about NFL since John Madden computer game in the early 90s.

Come on you touchdowns!

We can just support the best team, or as my mum always says - support the team that's winning.

Back
Top Bottom