Pre Assist

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Learned something new today, that pre assists has been a huge talking point in the game forever

So I think it deserves its own thread!

I’ve got the career assist for all players at this club

Emerson 1
Kane 1

Can’t find the others, can someone help me out?

Does anyone have the stats for halves we kicked off in first please?

👨‍🔬

Bumping this thread, it’s a key point in the game and the world of football takes it massively seriously

You could say that only people that understand the game know about this

I’m just having a little trouble finding out how our team is doing because no site in the world prints them

Has anyone counted them and perhaps jotted then down over the years, I mean those massively interested by it?

Please share your knowledge, R Soccer doesn’t mention us

Sammy I think you've lost it.

It's not about pre assists as a stat. Kane's through balls were good yesterday, the fact one of them led to a pre-assist is a consequence of that.
As has been pointed out, it’s called passing

It’s not a stat because it’s not a thing.

It’s just a pass counted up with all the others

It's not a thing - denial at a whole new level Sammy - it is a thing, you just don't like it.

If it’s a thing, why is there no metric for it?

What you’re basically saying it that it’s a thing, even though it isn’t a thing.

One guy who works for “R Soccer” and a YouTube video of Messi’s pre assists doesn’t mean anything.

If it’s a thing, why can’t you tell me who is our leading pre assisting player?

Could it be because it’s just called “a pass”

If it’s a thing, why is there no metric for it?

What you’re basically saying it that it’s a thing, even though it isn’t a thing.

One guy who works for “R Soccer” and a YouTube video of Messi’s pre assists doesn’t mean anything.

If it’s a thing, why can’t you tell me who is our leading pre assisting player?

Could it be because it’s just called “a pass”
It's a thing - a weird thing but a thing nonetheless

It's a thing - a weird thing but a thing nonetheless

So because one person was interested enough to do a video of Messi passing the ball to someone who made an assist that makes it a thing in the game?

Who is our highest pre assisting player?
Who is second?

I bet you can find that out for goals, assists, yellow cards, red cards, headed clearances, goals with left foot, goals with right foot, sprints, forward passes, headed goals, tackles, duals won and lost, shots, shots on target, shots off target…….

But not pre assists?

Why is that?
It’s no more of a thing than “assisting after someone took a throw in”

So because one person was interested enough to do a video of Messi passing the ball to someone who made an assist that makes it a thing in the game?

Who is our highest pre assisting player?
Who is second?

I bet you can find that out for goals, assists, yellow cards, red cards, headed clearances, goals with left foot, goals with right foot, sprints, forward passes, headed goals, tackles, duals won and lost, shots, shots on target, shots off target…….

But not pre assists?

Why is that?
It’s no more of a thing than “assisting after someone took a throw in”
No Sammy - because it's been around for years it is a "thing" even if you don't like it.

Metrica Sports have the data, but you have to pay for it - nearly all EPL clubs allegedly do, along with over 100 European clubs, maybe professionals think it matters? obviously you don't, but there's no doubt it does exist.

No Sammy - because it's been around for years it is a "thing" even if you don't like it.

Metrica Sports have the data, but you have to pay for it - nearly all EPL clubs allegedly do, along with over 100 European clubs, maybe professionals think it matters? obviously you don't, but there's no doubt it does exist.
Metrica Sports

:harrylol:

nearly all EPL clubs allegedly do, along with over 100 European clubs, maybe professionals think it matters? obviously you don't, but there's no doubt it does exist.
Can you tell me who is our top and second pre assisters please since 2018 so I can learn about this part of the game

I can find big chances created but not “the pass to the guy who passes it to someone who scored.”

I think it’s called “passing” but not sure

Back
Top Bottom