Pre Assist

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't really give a fuck about it as a stat, but if a player makes a great pass which doesn't directly lead to an assist, it's still fair to say it was a good pass.

Xavi/Iniesta used to play a lot of brilliant balls in to attacking players, it didn't lead to assists every time but it did get the ball in to the right area of the pitch.

Don't really give a fuck about it as a stat, but if a player makes a great pass which doesn't directly lead to an assist, it's still fair to say it was a good pass.

Xavi/Iniesta used to play a lot of brilliant balls in to attacking players, it didn't lead to assists every time but it did get the ball in to the right area of the pitch.

It could have been a terrible pass, or a backwards pass to the halfway line.

That’s why it’s not a thing.

No one said there is no such thing as an important pass, or a good pass.

The argument is that the pre assist isn’t anything other than a pass, and there is no measurable metric for it on any respectable football data website.

Why isn’t unit readily available and the inky place that has it is a computer game where you have to pay?

Is it because sites like Sky and the PL and BBC don’t really find it interesting enough to bother mentioning?

Why can't you read? two different data sources now referenced in this very thread, both require payment .... that's because it's valuable data ... why are you too stupid to understand that?

Free information is usually pretty meh or easily obtained ... it's the detailed information that people are willing to pay for that really makes the difference.

Call it what you want, but it is a thing ... as now proven several time ... go have a lie down Sammy

Using your eyes is great, but sometimes looking at the speedometer helps as well ......

It could have been a terrible pass, or a backwards pass to the halfway line.

That’s why it’s not a thing.

No one said there is no such thing as an important pass, or a good pass.

The argument is that the pre assist isn’t anything other than a pass, and there is no measurable metric for it on any respectable football data website.

You have to draw the line somewhere, and to me it makes sense to draw said line at the person who passes to the goalscorer. So yes, I really don't see a need for 'pre assist' to become a mainstream thing, in the particular case which sparked this thread I think it's fine for people to note the pass to the assister was a good one, and leave it at that.

Opta did post about pre-assists on twitter though, and they're respected:

Is there anything more ignorant than Sammy’s hatred of Kane? If Kane scored the winning goal to secure CL for he, Sammy would still find issues with it.

Why can't you read? two different data sources now referenced in this very thread, both require payment .... that's because it's valuable data ... why are you too stupid to understand that?

Free information is usually pretty meh or easily obtained ... it's the detailed information that people are willing to pay for that really makes the difference.

Call it what you want, but it is a thing ... as now proven several time ... go have a lie down Sammy

Using your eyes is great, but sometimes looking at the speedometer helps as well ......
Call it what I want?
Yes, I’ve called it “a pass”

Is there anything more ignorant than Sammy’s hatred of Kane? If Kane scored the winning goal to secure CL for he, Sammy would still find issues with it.
Why are people relating this to Kane?

:stupid:

Don’t act like you didn’t make this thread just because of people giving Kane credit.

Wow the sect runs deep, Jesus, you need to see someone about this

I’m talking about pre assists not being a thing.
Kane scored and played well, I’ve said it several times.
But somehow “denying” him a pre assist is why I think it’s nonsense?

No, it’s just nonsense

Just found out that Opta also supply 'pre-assist' numbers in their

"Sequences and possessions"​

data, guess they made it up as well hey Sammy.

Why would that be made up?
I didn’t say the passes were made up, I said a pre assist isn’t a thing. It just comes under passing.

Tactical stats are widely available unlike pre assists

:goonermong:

May I ask why you’ve never mentioned pre assisting in ten years up until the day before yesterday?

Last edited:
Wow the sect runs deep, Jesus, you need to see someone about this

I’m talking about pre assists not being a thing.
Kane scored and played well, I’ve said it several times.
But somehow “denying” him a pre assist is why I think it’s nonsense?

No, it’s just nonsense
You’re not a good troll Sammy. Go back to making comments that actually contributes to the forum.

Why would that be made up?
I didn’t say the passes were made up, I said a pre assist isn’t a thing. It just comes under passing.

Tactical stats are widely available unlike pre assists

May I ask why you’ve never mentioned pre assisting in ten years up until the day before yesterday?
Ask what you like - just stop pretending that pre assists don't exist after having been repeatedly shown that they do - it just makes you look stupid.

Ask what you like - just stop pretending that pre assists don't exist after having been repeatedly shown that they do - it just makes you look stupid.
Hmmmm, no what’s stupid is you asking me to pay you so you can register on a website for a computer game, which you claim has all the pre assists for Spurs players

Because you can’t find that info anywhere on any sports data site on the entire internet.

Why? Because it’s called “passing”

Back
Top Bottom