Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't agree with those ratings.
I though Foyth was shocking and Lamela was a 7.

You might be right on Foyth - it wasnt that he did anything wrong, but playing in an unfamiliar position, just didnt do anything worhwhile.

Lamela ran around a bit but didnt really create anything or have shots on target, so whilst not as poor as Dele and Moura, really not worth more than a 5 - a 7 would have entailed him doing something which we expect of AM's, which he didnt. Sadly true of too many of the Spurs players today, failing to do the things expected of players playing well in their respected positions.

Don't agree with those ratings.
I though Foyth was shocking and Lamela was a 7.

Lamela a 7????

Not even close to that a 4 at best.

I think the ratings were decent, a little high across the board as Gold doesn't want to throw guys under the bus and then try to talk to them after games.

I would have given Ndombele a higher mark but overall Gold was pretty decent with the ratings.

Missed the game would someone give me a run down of who performed and who didnt thanks and if we actually played like it mattered

I thought White was very good and Ndombele was good and trying to move the ball forward, but his teammates let him down by almost always back passing it after he moved it forward.

Outside of that nobody really stood out, team looked very lackluster.

Outside of Alli, i don't think it was a lack of effort or playing like it didn't matter.

Watford are a proper chav club up their with Chelsea and Leicester

Weird, Watford is quite nice a town. The city centre is interesting and a bit like Cannes.

Interesting like a The-Walking-Dead, blighted, fake-fur and replica Burberry cap riddled, trashed Vauxhall Corsa version of Cannes. Without the Mediterannean. Or sun. Or clean air.

Last edited:
On a separate note - how did Ndombele play?
Depends what side of the fence you sit with Ndombele to what version you’ll get.

Mine is he looked to get on the ball and be positive with it. Looked pretty trim compared to before lockdown and worked hard ( for him ).

Obviously was only ever going to play a half after not playing for nearly 3 months and only just getting over covid ( according to reports ).

Depends what side of the fence you sit with Ndombele to what version you’ll get.

Mine is he looked to get on the ball and be positive with it. Looked pretty trim compared to before lockdown and worked hard ( for him ).

Obviously was only ever going to play a half after not playing for nearly 3 months and only just getting over covid ( according to reports ).
Good to hear - hope he gets a fair crack under Jose in the coming season

He kept on moving and got himself in spaces to receive the ball, which was not the case before.

I was quite pleased to be honest, if that’s how he plays I can’t imagine how Mourinho could keep him out.

He kept on moving and got himself in spaces to receive the ball, which was not the case before.

I was quite pleased to be honest, if that’s how he plays I can’t imagine how Mourinho could keep him out.
Then again he looked as if he was two donuts away from a heart attack

Shocking physique. You'd have thought he'd gotten himself into shape after not playing for like 2 months.

Does his price (he is 18 years old) guarantee success?
It's the most obvious Mendes signing ever. They fork up 40m now and get a free player next year because Porto desperately need cash asap. Just like how we'll end up giving Mendes 10m through agent fees thanks to the Doherty discount.

Does his price (he is 18 years old) guarantee success?

Did anyone suggest it did guarantee success?

Or were they just pointing out that Wolves went out and filled a need by buying a player? Something we have failed to do with our back-up striker position for over a year now.

Did anyone suggest it did guarantee success?

Or were they just pointing out that Wolves went out and filled a need by buying a player? Something we have failed to do with our back-up striker position for over a year now.
Yes.

You really should read threads before posting on them.

Back
Top Bottom