Pre-Season 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ShutUpPatrik

Supporter
Not sure if toxic positivity, or positively toxic?
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...nham-preseason-tournament-london-b934906.html

Looks like we are looking at running a pre-season tournament with Woolwich and Chelsea this summer instead of travelling around the world like usual. With the idea being to give a lot of the money made to charity.

TBH they should open it up for other London clubs as well. Get QPR, Brentford or Orient involved and make it a nice little tournament.

Finding it very hard to get any sort of excitement for this season. A bang average football team with a couple of star players isn’t suddenly going to magically do well with Nuno in charge I’m sorry. Had we signed 1 or 2 decent players by now, I might of changed my stance a little. It’s the same old shit for me, with the added scenario of Harry Kane still hanging over our heads.

Tbh I'm sick of football, England and tottenham alike..England are the international tottenham, gutless and bottlers who always fuck it up..
I think it's time for a long break from this once beautiful game that is now a shit show of disappointment.
Fuck enic and levy and Southgate too.......

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It's a first team friendly so I would expect everyone available to be in the squad - so yes it'll probably exclude those from the Euros and Copa but those you mention secondly should be there and I'd expect them to play a half at minimum.
Thanks, mate - that's pretty much what I thought. Probably the players that are back in training now then, I guess. My boy is a Spurs fan, but I support Chesterfield so our pre-season line ups tend to feature several players referred to as 'Trialist' and the occasional first teamer who has enjoyed the 'all inclusive' a little too much over the Summer!

Did you not see any of the boring, passive football Wolves played last season? And this is a Wolves side that has some good to excellent attacking players in the likes of Neto, Podence and Traore.

I'll back him like I would any manager, even Sam Allardyce. But he's basically Mourinho but without all of the achievements and success.
FFS. Are you one of those people you tell people what you've bought them as they open your present?

You may well be right. This could all be another disappointment - like the Christmas I thought I was getting Mr Frosty - but at least let me enjoy the build up, sing some carols, etc.

'Hey everyone! Don't bother going into the cinema to see that film. He's dead all the way through it!' Beech Beech reviews Sixth Sense

Be great if we could play some smaller local teams again. Really helps gets kids involved who don't normally get the chance to watch Premier League teams and obviously helps out clubs who have struggled. I remember watching us at St Albans, Stevenage, Kettering, Leyton Orient etc. Hasn't happened for years sadly.

I am agreeing with your apologist opinion here. It is great that we don't have a manager now they really do nothing and we are better off without them.

All these crybabies whining about not having a manager have it wrong and you and Levy have it right, no need for a manager right now the sports science guys have it handled.

Grow up

If you don't know how pre-season works dont bother posting on it.

Better still learn what it involves eg first thing in pre-season is the players being assessed for fitmess (nothing to do with manager), most players then need a week or two to get up to an acceptible leel of fitness (determined by sport scientist). That's basic knowledge.

Tbh I'm sick of football, England and tottenham alike..England are the international tottenham, gutless and bottlers who always fuck it up..
I think it's time for a long break from this once beautiful game that is now a shit show of disappointment.
Fuck enic and levy and Southgate too.......

It's that Harvey White time of year.
Yep. It’s the time of year where some random youngster has a decent few games in pre season against Leyton Orient and the likes, after which the club plasters them all over our social media to try and make fans believe we don’t need to sign players.

Remember Luke Amos’ meteoric rise in the summer of ‘18?

Finding it difficult after the way the last season ended and with no new players, some of the best not back to get any enthusiasm for these pre season matches.
Jesus...they're pre-season matches, you're not supposed to give a fuck about them...they used to matter to the fans going as a first chance to see new signings...now they have to wait until the window closes to do that these days...

There used to be a London FA Challenge Cup up until the mid 70's where all the professional teams put out their first team in the main.

We were the last winners of it in 73-74.

We were second most successful side in it with 8 wins, Woolwich had 11. but a 16 team tourney with Spurs, Woolwich, West Ham, Chelsea, Palace, Fulham, QPR, Brentford, Charlton, Millwall, Orient, Wimbledon, Dagenham, Sutton, Barnet and Wealdstone or maybe extend to Watford etc. would be great.

Also used to be a London Six-a-side competition at Wembley Arena with first team players which stopped in the mid 80's

Last edited:
That’s a bit disappointing to be honest, I’d much rather our pre-season be against teams we don’t normally play. I would love to see us play smaller local teams rather than the Scum and the other Scum.
Some of my earliest football memories are pre-season friendliest against the likes of Bishops Stortford, Leyton Orient and Stevenage where it was a mix of first team and youth prospects. I’d love to see those types of matches again.

First couple of weeks is all about fitness so manager's role is only to say 'Good Morning' until about week 3 when football training becomes the bigger thing on the agenda

Players aren’t machines, they are human people, a manager saying “good morning” and generally speaking developing a personal understanding with the players is really important!

Plus there’s film study and the like.

Any claim that the players returning for duty without a manager is anything other than criminal negligence is hardly even worth responding to.

Not having a manager on 5 July cannot be allowed to happen.

Back
Top Bottom