Pre-Season Summer 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More than 20% of South Koreans identify as Spurs fans. Before 2015, it was SFA.
This is a pretty decent sized market of passionate sports fans with decent wedge — the average salary is about 40k US dollars a year. Its international influence on culture is growing exponentially.
Perhaps Danny Boy can get BTS in Spurs shirts?

This is a pretty decent sized market of passionate sports fans with decent wedge — the average salary is about 40k US dollars a year. Its international influence on culture is growing exponentially.
How many of those will still be Spurs fans when Son no longer plays for us though ?

How many of those will still be Spurs fans when Son no longer plays for us though ?
Probably (maybe?) not many. International fans without local or familial ties to the club often switch clubs based on their favorite player. Think Sanchez or Ozil at Woolwich.

However, it’s a current opportunity to increase the footprint of the club — yes, brand — in an influential part of the world.
We ‘signed’ Alex Morgan for exactly the same reason. Personally, I’d love it if they add a game in Japan too.

Liverpool have a significant overseas fan base, including in the far east. pretty much all of which started with Liverpool success in the 70's/80's (before the 60's Liverpool were a nothing club) with their last league title being 89/90 ... before a 30 year gap to 19/20.

So Spurs fans in South Korea have been over the 6 year period 2015-21 ....... so might take a few years to fall away after Son leaves, unless of course Spurs have other Korean players in the future

:sonpoint:

mArKeTiNg OvEr EvErThInG

Go to Ireland , play teams in England, the zero carbon stance lasted long

I've no idea how we're doing in the carbon neutral league.....

Perhaps the plan is to plant some trees?

Perhaps we're in carbon credit due to getting knocked out of Europe early?

Don't know why anyone would be upset by this tour personally. Spurs have always played abroad pre season, remember a time when they used to go to Scandinavia a lot for the fan base there, Erik the Viking, lots of Norwegian Spurs fans coming over for home games. A fair few US trips in recent past building on Friedel, Dempsey, NFL and all that. Been quite a few years since we were in South Korea I think and with Sons insane popularity over there it makes sense.

Hopefully some more local games as well it would be nice to see us play Orient, Stevenage etc. Just needs a bit of balance of local, tour and a mix of opposition level.

Don't know why anyone would be upset by this tour personally. Spurs have always played abroad pre season, remember a time when they used to go to Scandinavia a lot for the fan base there, Erik the Viking, lots of Norwegian Spurs fans coming over for home games. A fair few US trips in recent past building on Friedel, Dempsey, NFL and all that. Been quite a few years since we were in South Korea I think and with Sons insane popularity over there it makes sense.

Hopefully some more local games as well it would be nice to see us play Orient, Stevenage etc. Just needs a bit of balance of local, tour and a mix of opposition level.

Makes sense to have a couple of 'warm up' games before going to South Korea to try out new signings and also play some of the youngsters - so a few local games such as Orient, Stevenage (where u21's play), Charlton (Chris Powell Spurs coach, Charlton legend) etc make sense

Very bad idea among the tensions in the middle east in my opinion. I know we're proud of the jewish heritage (even me that has nothing to do with it), however we should be able to make the difference between jews the people and Israel the country.

Checking with the family to see if tickets are available in Seoul yet. I’m wondering if the second game will be in Seoul too — I’m really hoping it will be in one of the provincial World Cup stadiums. Hoping for Jeju although the capacity is only around 35k

Back
Top Bottom