Prediction: England will win Euro2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If England win their group - as they should - it will give them a horrendously difficult journey from then on. I'll be amazed if they win it. Heart says yes, head says no.

Hopefully they are runners up in their group.

They have the attack to go far. Do they have the manager and/or the balance in the squad to win it, well that's another thing altogether.

People should remember that Greece once won a Euro's with a far less talented squad. But what they did have is a real team spirit, organization and the bit of luck that's always needed. And they had a few very good players, just as England do. Personally I'd be more than happy to see England make another Semi and play some good football along the way. The likes of Foden, Mount, Sancho and Bellngham among others are only going to get better and better.

We won't win it. But I feel we can win the next one when the likes of Foden, Bellingham and Mount etc will be even better. Talent wise in regards to younger players were right up there with anybody in world football.

There's also Mason Greenwood, Eberechi Eze, Harvey Elliot, Emile Smith Rowe, Tariq Lamptey and Curtis Jones to add to the current lot. All big talents.

Last edited:
Thinking about it, in 4 years time this could be something like our 11:

Henderson

Alexander-Arnold
White
Tomori
Saka

Rice/Phillips
Mount
Foden

Rashford
Sancho
Greenwood

That's a very exciting looking side.
See a few flaws in your side mate. I expect TAA will be playing midfield by then. Not sold at all on Tomori Bellingham looks very likely to me to be in the side maybe even captain. I think Rice ends up at Center back. Saka will be a very good wide midfield player...say it quietly he reminds of Bale. Harvey Elliot will be attacking mid, Grealish Maddison and here's my wild card for the squad Danes Scarlett.

See a few flaws in your side mate. I expect TAA will be playing midfield by then. Not sold at all on Tomori Bellingham looks very likely to me to be in the side maybe even captain. I think Rice ends up at Center back. Saka will be a very good wide midfield player...say it quietly he reminds of Bale. Harvey Elliot will be attacking mid, Grealish Maddison and here's my wild card for the squad Danes Scarlett.

I just threw it together in seconds to be fair, forgot all about Belllingham! But my main point was that we have lots of brilliant talent and I feel we'll be an even better side down the line. So hopefully a great one instead of a good one.

Back
Top Bottom