Prediction for 2021/2022 PL final standing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We will be placed ....

• 1st- miracle! Kane stays and help us to our first premier league title!

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • 2nd -4th ... champions league! Here we come!

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • 5-6th ... Europa league... still a slight improvement

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • 7th... not again!

Votes: 18 10.9%
  • 8-12th... boring season... we are beating the relegation team but losing to the others

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • 12-17th. we survived relegation! What a dogfight till the end!

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Relegation ...Daniel Levey... u asshole!

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
Fair enough

Put the manager situation to one side though , do you really feel the direction we seem to be heading in as a club is one to be positive about ?

Sorry but I cant see it , we haven't signed a decent player in about 5 years , there is clearly something very wrong behind the scenes

I've been moaning about our hit/miss rate in the trf market for years now.

In recent years I've put a lot of stock in the idea of us getting a DOF and turning our scouting and general footballing 'vision' around..... Irony is it looks to be compounding our problems right now.

I'm not fond of the idea of Nuno and I'm even less keen on becoming an agent's bitch.

No vote from me. I just want to see some spurs games. It’s been sooooooo long since I’ve been to the ground. I want some live Spurs back in my life.

50/1 odds winning the title.

tenor.gif

Depends who we manage to shift this window and Kane’s replacement but anything around 8th would be a good achievement looking at our squad quality

ENIC OUT!

LEVY OUT!

The official position is that Kane isn't going anywhere. There has been no official confirmation of a bid from Man City and the only tangible evidence of anything is Kane saying he would like to play with Kevin De Bruyne and win trophies. So would millions of schoolkids.

Even Man City themselves don't think it's going to happen:

How is 8-12th the highest voted here? Fucking hell Mourinho has done a real number on this club, our own fans don't even rate the players we have anymore. Any manager could get this group to top 6, no problem.

I don't think this is a José problem to be fair to him; many fans were calling for a rebuild back in the Poch era and didn't rate some of the players back then.
Yes, some players have been added to the squad since then, but not many of them have actually improved us and we've still got too much dead wood.
That is all on Levy in my opinion.

How is 8-12th the highest voted here? Fucking hell Mourinho has done a real number on this club, our own fans don't even rate the players we have anymore. Any manager could get this group to top 6, no problem.
We replaced Mourinho with poor mans Mourinho and look nailed on to lose our best player, striker, captain and talisman. We have a tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot and look to be reloading. Hopefully Nunu miraculously turns into a good progressive coach and we replace a load of our shit players but the signs are bad and players take time to settle. I think people would be far more confident if we’d brought in a good coach and the Kane saga was resolved but that’s not the case unfortunately.

Last edited:
Silly thread.... Little more than another place for people to vent about the manager situation.

About the managerial situ? Not particularly... But there's already 3 other threads to have a moan in.....

Any predictions are pointlessly premature.
Fair enough

Put the manager situation to one side though , do you really feel the direction we seem to be heading in as a club is one to be positive about ?

Sorry but I cant see it , we haven't signed a decent player in about 5 years , there is clearly something very wrong behind the scenes

I voted 1st. I can't help it....I'm an eternal optimist.

We keep Kane, add a pair of CB's, and a RB. Send a few guys packing and this team should have enough horse power to cope with the Europa Conference (which is almost not having Europe at all, IMO) and a title challenge.

I'm also used to disappointment. No friggin way I'm saying 8-12 and being let down there.

Didn’t vote yet as it would only be a gut feeling rather than looking at how the squad evolves for the start of the season….

What we do know is Nuno is the boss, better than Jose but not mind blowing, just praying he does a Pochettino “no expectation success” but my concern is the squad isn’t as peak ready as Poch had, in fact it’s going the opposite direction…
Squad Players outside the obvious few are proving themselves as mid table players at best, and we kinda know how our signings will go, maybe one or two Nuno trusted players if we are lucky and the the rest will be take a punt they work out, we simply aren’t in the market for top quality…

Speaking of top quality, Kane most likely to leave and we will realise how important he is, Bale I can’t see staying, Son needs quality around him to bring out the best in him, outside that the standard drops dramatically, and it will take a miracle to get all of them to perform, maybe Nuno gets one or two to step up, but not 6 or 7…..

Hard for most fans not to be pessimistic to be honest….Title? No chance Top 4? Miracle needed, Europa league? Decent chance, 3rd tier Europa? About our level right now, even with Kane….Domestic cups? Pure luck on the draw….

All in all it’s not looking positive no matter what way our PR machine spins it…..

Gut feeling at the minute, 8th to 12th…

Speaking of top quality, Kane most likely to leave and we will realise how important he is, Bale I can’t see staying, Son needs quality around him to bring out the best in him, outside that the standard drops dramatically, and it will take a miracle to get all of them to perform, maybe Nuno gets one or two to step up, but not 6 or 7…..

Bale is already off the squad list as is Vinicius so the presumption is that they have already left. The good news is that Jack Clarke has been promoted to the first team squad:

Based on what I saw last season I genuinely think any other manager would have done better, so yeah I guess I kinda do.

I think quality managers could have easily had us in the top 4 last year and top 6 this year.

Unfortunately we hired Nuno instead.

Back
Top Bottom