Premier League 20/21 Targets and Expectations.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2020/2021 season target

• Win everything we enter!!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Title challenge and pick up at least 1 trophy.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Top 4 and get to the later stages (at least) of cup competitions.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • Top 4. The cup competition are less important.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Secure a Europa League spot. Top 4 would be tough, and a bonus.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • The league doesn't matter. Just win a trophy of any nature.

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Who cares - just sack Mourinho so we can focus on our future without him.

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters
If you expected silverware in two thirds of a season, while claiming that the lack of silverware over the last 5 years was due to the chairman and players then you’re a fucking idiot

Who said I expected silverware?

Feel free at any point in your mindless rants to quote what you make up that I said.

Well, he certainly played a big part in some of those crucial losses.. He easily could've won something in those years, but ended up winning fuck all.

He certainly had a role. I would disagree that it was a big role. The biggest role was a lack of quality on the squad, especially in his last season.

Who should be blamed?

I think the first question is why does anyone needed to be blamed? As I said winning trophies is hard. The biggest factor in us not winning is that there were a lot of better teams out there in most cases. Throw in some bad luck at it shows how hard it is to win trophies, especially when you are not spending the money that teams like City, Chelsea and United are.

But if we are blaming things I would say there are a lot places that blame could go. The biggest blame for me would be Levy. He failed to bring in necessary additions to the team and was in charge of the overall transfer during that time. I think there are times when individual players could be blamed, times when injury luck could be blamed, times when bad luck could be blamed, times when Poch could be blamed for putting out weak line-ups.

Do you know what “if” means?

Yes I do.

I assume that means you have no quote that would indicate that I thought or said that and that is why for the umpteenth time when you have been asked to provide proof of you making stuff up you have avoided the actual question.

There is so much uncertainty making predictions difficult, transfer activity for all top clubs, when will fans get back to influence games and the schedule. Starting the season late means that more matches need to be played in a shorter period of time. I am surprised no one else has picked up on possibility of League Cup early matches being scheduled in the same week as Europa. This will put a massive strain on our squad. Will Woolwich have European football. If not the they are favourites for League Cup. Then will there be a 2nd wave of Covid stopping football again mid season. Will travel be allowed abroad to some Countries as players cannot quarantine if they go.
Getting 6th after the season we had and being only 7 points behind 3rd gives me hope for top 4. The League Cup could be sacrificed for Europa. Will we have to send the kids out for an away Europa match as cannot quarantine first teamers. Therefore our best chance of a trophy is the F A Cup and after 30 years that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom