Premier League Fixtures 2021/22 Announced Wed June 16th at 9am.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

(it's) FIXED!!!!
I'm certain Sky manipulate it however they like, just how many seasons can the Merseyside/ Manchester/North London derbies fall on the same weekend by pure coincidence?

But this, I can see no reason for, it's the kind of thing a person might do to save time but it's a bloody computer that does it! So that would suggest that a person deliberately programmed the computer to do so, but for what purpose, there is literally no reason why anyone would benefit from us playing Wolves/City, Chelsea/Woolwich, Villa/Newcastle, West Ham/Man Utd, Everton/Leeds and Leicester/Liverpool back to back both times.

Weird.

Maybe it's always like this and it's just the first time I've noticed?

I glanced at the fixtures list. My heart sank. Not because of any specific fixtures, but because I'm just not ready to face the thought of the new season.

Too soon.

winning the title away at Livarpool...
200w.webp

Even if Kane is joining City this summer it won't be before we play City. Levy will be Levy and stretch the negotiations until the end of the transfer window. However we may have to deal with Harry " is not in the right frame of mind to play" and he will probably dodge the game

City 1st game ain't all bad.... They're a momentum team so not the worst thing to play them fresh out the blocks.

I assume due to some quirk in the system Liverpool only play bottom half teams all season....?

Time to bring back the old "Harry doesn't score in August" narrative if he gets a move before the start of the season.

Which is precisely why Sky made SURE it was the opening fixture!
City 1st game ain't all bad.... They're a momentum team so not the worst thing to play them fresh out the blocks.

I assume due to some quirk in the system Liverpool only play bottom half teams all season....?
It's not about whether City are a momentum team... it's about WHO Kane will be playing for on the day.... and all the circus that accompanies THAT narrative!

Sky will double their close season Subscription based on this alone.... good job too, what with all the Spurs fans who will be cancelling THEIR subscriptions this Summer!!!

Quite right....
But the odds of the same two teams Harry Kane is 'expected to' / 'required to' move from/to, meeting in the very first game at the home of the team he is being demanded to leave, (and which will undoubtedly be covered and financially rewarded by Sky) are pretty slim!

19 other teams to choose from.... home/away 50/50...

19x19 x2= 722-1 by my reckoning!

I'd take those odds.... WISH I was a betting man!

You are way out with your odds.

1 in 17 chance of City (we cannot play Woolwich or Chelsea on opening day), 1 in 34 of City at home.

But let's be honest based on your rant.

Whoever we played, however the fixture list fell, you would have found something you didn't like about it, and demanded it was a total conspiracy and fixture list was fixed.

Bet you were primed up, but when we got a home game first up, you had to delete the "we have only had x number of home games first in y seasons, must be totally fixed" post

Quite pathetic really.

Last edited:
You are way out with your odds.

1 in 17 chance of City (we cannot play Woolwich or Chelsea on opening day), 1 in 34 of City at home.

But let's be honest based on your rant.

Whoever we played, however the fixture list fell, you would have found something you didn't like about it, and demanded it was a total conspiracy and fixture list was fixed.

Quite pathetic really.
SHIT, they got to you first!!! You're ONE of them!!

Conspiracies aside, I was joking... and yes, maybe my maths is a bit off....
but come on, of ALL the other 19 clubs we coulda played, WHY the one club the whole of the football is itching/pushing for Kane to join?

...and (honest question) why CAN'T we play Arse/Chelsea on opening day?
I didn't realise it was a 'thing'!

But thanks for putting me straight on a few things!

Back
Top Bottom