Premier League Fixtures 2021/22 Announced Wed June 16th at 9am.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blame the Europa Paint Conference Trophy the volume of Sunday games

No diff to the Europa League on that front.

Then again CL can mean Wed away/Sat 12.30 away..... Which is just as shit if not even worse.

Perhaps you'd be happiest with no Europe at all....

No diff to the Europa League on that front.

Then again CL can mean Wed away/Sat 12.30 away..... Which is just as shit if not even worse.

Perhaps you'd be happiest with no Europe at all....

This season I definitely would prefer that.
It's been done to death, but generally speaking, the travel distance is both shorter and usually more convenient when travelling to CL fixtures than farmers fields.
I don't think we've done bad in our group this year though
But on top of that, whilst Wednesday and Saturday is indeed the same number of days as Thursday to Sunday, there are the routines, days off and the fact a decent number of games are actually Sunday for tv.
IE, it's rarer to play Wednesday Saturday in the CL than Thursday Sunday in the lesser competitions

The week is seven days long - if you playing on two days per week you get five days off - three before and two after or two before and three after. It makes very little difference which way around, of course for EPL/CL you tend to play all your best players twice, whereas for EPL/Thursday nights 7//8/9 rotations is not unusual ... far easier for a manager to deal with the later scenario.

Last night:

"The Premier League will announce its December fixture programme on Monday, seven days after its own deadline passed, having dealt with major logistical challenges in getting the busy programme resolved."

Busy programme? Like a full set of matches every week?

Last night:

"The Premier League will announce its December fixture programme on Monday, seven days after its own deadline passed, having dealt with major logistical challenges in getting the busy programme resolved."

Busy programme? Like a full set of matches every week?

Lame as fuck. :llorishuh:

It's been done to death, but generally speaking, the travel distance is both shorter and usually more convenient when travelling to CL fixtures than farmers fields.
But on top of that, whilst Wednesday and Saturday is indeed the same number of days as Thursday to Sunday, there are the routines, days off and the fact a decent number of games are actually Sunday for tv.
IE, it's rarer to play Wednesday Saturday in the CL than Thursday Sunday in the lesser competitions

Hard disagree on this one.

This competition gives us the chance to give depth players games. It also gives us another route back in to the Europa League which we will struggle to make via the league, and provides another opportunity for a trophy.

The irritation over travel distances, reschedules etc is worth that. It’s not like we have something big to play for in the league and we can’t turn our noses up at any trophy. We could be the first club to win it .. yeah it’s not exactly the CL but I’m glad we have the chance.

I stand by the post I made in Nuno's thread:
I'd like us to win the ECL. It's our chance to help establish a new competition. When Tottenham Hotspur win a trophy people take notice. "Tottenham won this" sounds a lot better than "Tottenham fielded a weak team and were beaten by a team whose name we can't remember" and if we take the competition seriously other clubs will too and the competition will grow in stature and importance.

European football became prestigious because clubs like Manchester United and ourselves made a commitment to it. We showed the world that it was worth something. That's what we need to do with the Europa Conference League.

Full credit to Nuno for playing the best possible team in the ECL our squad will permit.

December changes:
- Brentford (h) – now Thursday 2 December, kick-off 7.30pm – Amazon Prime Video
- Norwich City (h) – now Sunday 5 December, kick-off 2pm
- Brighton & Hove Albion (a) – now Sunday 12 December, kick-off 2pm
- Leicester City (a) – now Thursday 16 December, kick-off 7.30pm – BT Sport
- Liverpool (h) – now Sunday 19 December, kick-off 4.30pm – Sky Sports
- Southampton (a) – Tuesday 28 December, kick-off 3pm (no change to date or time) – Amazon Prime Video

Three more Sundays. And two more Thursdays.

Last edited:
Was hoping they'd shift our boxing day match but hey, home game without any public transport outside of zone 6 is no biggie apparently. Each and every year.

Back
Top Bottom