Premier League set to introduce five substitution rule starting next season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm possibly the earliest member to join the forum to still be active and posting.

That's a long damn time to fuck around with you folks and not love football, and I think it's superior to having 10 fucking substitutions in one game.
As far as I'm aware, we're not in an 'either or' situation here. Both ideas are bad, but yours is worse.

I've kind of liked the idea for a few years now of leaving subs alone and switching to three 30 minute periods, instead. We've kind of tip-toed into anyways with the amount of game stoppages that have proliferated over the past few years.

I think the players and coaches would benefit from a second rest period, and then maybe additional subs wouldn't be required. Minor injuries or knocks could be better assessed and managed, additional tactical instruction or correction could be relayed. On the business side, ad revenue would increase so there's an olive branch there to hopefully ward off the corrosive demands for fixed leagues, etc.

:sandro:

Back
Top Bottom