Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay that's fine but really the club's shouldn't have to cover up the media's fuck up but I get you point.

On the other hand releasing the person's name who's been arrested on a rape charge - you have hit to be kidding me, what if it's a false accusation...mud sticks.
Well they more or less have by saying where he lives, his age and what he does for a living.

Do you not concurr with that intent?
No and I don't concur either.

I have given an opinion not fact and you have said I am wrong. Well i'm not wrong because that is my opinion. You see it differently but I haven't told you you're wrong, because I respect other opinions and don't run around town thinking I'm some sort of voice of reason.

I'm fully aware of the law and the identity should have been kept quiet until any such court case, but it hasn't, his location was leaked, his profession was leaked, his age was leaked. That is wrong on every level.
So now that has happened any accused individual should be doing all he can to take his name off the table, or friends/loved ones should be doing that on their behalf as it's not jus the accused who's hurting it will be those close to him.

No and I don't concur either.

You don't concur with the intent behind the law?

I have given an opinion not fact and you have said I am wrong. Well i'm not wrong because that is my opinion. You see it differently but I haven't told you you're wrong, because I respect other opinions and don't run around town thinking I'm some sort of voice of reason.

With the utmost respect; can we just push on with the subject at hand....

I'm fully aware of the law and the identity should have been kept quiet until any such court case, but it hasn't, his location was leaked, his profession was leaked, his age was leaked. That is wrong on every level.
So now that has happened any accused individual should be doing all he can to take his name off the table, or friends/loved ones should be doing that on their behalf as it's not jus the accused who's hurting it will be those close to him.

How pray tell does "the accused" take his name "off the table"?

The way Ben Davies did. A simple posted picture took his name off the table.

I guess he wanted to protect his family from nasty rumours. I would do the same if I was innocent.

By merely naming himself as the arrestee; the accused doesn't achieve that.

(I don't know why you're still referencong Davies; his is not the same predicament.)

There are failings from all parties here (no pun intended) . Did the police need to release a statement saying a 29 year old premier league footballer from North London? no they didn't, they could have said a 29 year old male.
Did club reporters need to twee that the accused was in Germany when he clearly wasn't.. etc etc etc.

Poorly handled and the reason behind so many rumours and cruel comments.
I beleive, regardless of what the police released the press can print that information so they have a standard release, that info would be in the public domain anyhow.

By merely naming himself as the arrestee; the accused doesn't achieve that.

(I don't know why you're still referencong Davies; his is not the same predicament.)
It's exactly the same predicament. His name was spread all over social media because he fit the description, a 29 year old footballer from north london.
He didn't like his name being slandered for himself or his family, so he ended the nasty gossip quite simply. All other accused names could do the very same if they so wished. They shouldn't have to but due to the mess created, they may feel the need.

It's exactly the same predicament. His name was spread all over social media because he fit the description, a 29 year old footballer from north london.
He didn't like his name being slandered for himself or his family, so he ended the nasty gossip quite simply. All other accused names could do the very same if they so wished. They shouldn't have to but due to the mess created, they may feel the need.

By merely naming himself as the arrestee; the accused doesn't achieve that.......

Far from it.

By merely naming himself as the arrestee; the accused doesn't achieve that.......

Far from it.
He never named himself as anything, he merely saw the rumours and cleverly put a stop to it by posting a picture of his current location. And i'm sure he and his nearest/dearest can rest alot easier.

He never named himself as anything, he merely saw the rumours and cleverly put a stop to it by posting a picture of his current location. And i'm sure he and his nearest/dearest can rest alot easier.

What are you taking about?

Davies is not "the arrestee".

How do you know? do you know who has been arrested?

Well according to you Davies proved this with a photo on twitter...... :kanehand:

I'm outta here. You've turned this into pure nonsense; presumably cos you're still angered by my old post.

Well according to you Davies proved this with a photo on twitter...... :kanehand:

I'm outta here. You've turned this into pure nonsense; presumably cos you're still angered by my old post.
I have never said he is not the person arrested but you just did.
Davies is not "the arrestee".
You seem to be tying yourself up in knots here.

I said he has stopped the rumours by posting a pic.

Last edited:
I know that Mate and my point is there is probably a reason as to why no one has come out to defend him or clear his name..
yep, seen comments from people that certain fringe player teammate’s have also unfollowed him, which if true, pretty damning in itself.

yep, seen comments from people that certain fringe player teammate’s have also unfollowed him, which if true, pretty damning in itself.
It certainly is not looking good for one person at the moment.
I just hope lessons are learned and the way this was leaked/handled is thoroughly investigated.

Innocent people should not be forced to defend themselves because of cryptic messages.

All we should have been told is a 29 yo from North London has been arrested on suspicion of rape.

Not a 29 yo premier league footballer, expected to represent his country in Qatar, from Barnet has been arrested for rape,

It certainly is not looking good for one person at the moment.
I just hope lessons are learned and the way this was leaked/handled is thoroughly investigated.

Innocent people should not be forced to defend themselves because of cryptic messages.

All we should have been told is a 29 yo from North London has been arrested on suspicion of rape.

Not a 29 yo premier league footballer, expected to represent his country in Qatar, from Barnet has been arrested for rape,
Maybe it’s the pessimist in me but I doubt lessons will be learned. Unless a journalist is sued and has their life ruined, other journos will continue releasing any info for clicks. Even if it is wrong.

Social media is worse. People have zero issue throwing out claims and trying to act smarter than everyone. Reddit had an innocent person marked as the Boston Bomber and spread their face all over the internet. Yet, nobody learns.

Back
Top Bottom