Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Police have said it's a 29 year old man.

Son (29) and Ben Davies (29) are the only possible suspects from our first team.

Ben Davies and Son would never do anything like that. I think we are fine.

One of the names mentioned recently converted to Islam?

The media can fuck off.
Just write that PL footballer was arested on charges of raping. You don’t have to write he’s 29 going to the WC. Twitter is going crazy 🤦‍♂️

What has got that got to do with anything?
People will think/say anything to protect those they like in their minds, as if someone’s faith makes them more or less likely to do something. If it were reversed and social media consensus thought Son was the player arrested you’d have people saying ‘he can’t have done it, have you seen him smile?’ I’d have never pegged Gylfi down for a nonce but at the end of the day we don’t know these people, despite how much we watch and keep up with them.

Consensus is we know nothing of value yet, so can’t and shouldn’t comment on what is life changing, likely ruining, for anyone involved particularly the victim.. Respect the process and allow the police and possibly courts to do their thing.

End thread

Overwhelming thought is (if true) that a woman is at the heart of this story - whose life has been turned upside down/ruined.

Second, that the usual suspects (the commentariat) will point the finger at overpaid footballers etc while ignoring the fact that half the Tory party are philandering, sex-pests, perverts and nonces

Police have said it's a 29 year old man.

Son (29) and Ben Davies (29) are the only possible suspects from our first team.

Ben Davies and Son would never do anything like that. I think we are fine.
99.9% certain that Sonny is still in Korea.
Mum in law says he’s been popping up in the news all week.
Ben has a house in Neath and, I think, just got married.

One of the names mentioned recently converted to Islam?

200.gif

TBH this sort of thread needs locking. We'll all hear the rumours about names but i can't see why it needs a thread like this. Let the legal process take it's course, nothing good comes out of this sort of gossip.

99.9% certain that Sonny is still in Korea.
Mum in law says he’s been popping up in the news all week.
Ben has a house in Neath and, I think, just got married.
Ben just posted in his Instagram story that he is on the Amalfi coast. So I think that we can safely rule him out.

Overwhelming thought is (if true) that a woman is at the heart of this story - whose life has been turned upside down/ruined.

Second, that the usual suspects (the commentariat) will point the finger at overpaid footballers etc while ignoring the fact that half the Tory party are philandering, sex-pests, perverts and nonces
100% this. Someone did the numbers and they are starting to push the Catholic church at the top of infamy league. Footballers wouldn't get a look in.

Woolwich forum seem pretty sure who it is. Ain't going to name him of course.

They seem to know a lot more, apparently it happened in Spain and the person is going to be wanted by the police out there and so extradited.

It seems social media is where you have to prove your innocence when a story like this comes out.
Any player that is remotely rumoured or linked is posting pictures of what they are upto today…. Except the player that it’s rumoured to be. He was also in the Mediterranean without his missus when the incident happened.

The media can fuck off.
Just write that PL footballer was arested on charges of raping. You don’t have to write he’s 29 going to the WC. Twitter is going crazy 🤦‍♂️
They shouldn't be allowed to state age and any information that might give a clue to identity. It's just a snidey way of trying to out the player without actually doing it themselves. They know the speculation will run riot and are tacitly encouraging that. It's a cynical world we're in.

Back
Top Bottom